[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: _20240707_041916_.jpg (130 KB, 1079x1009)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Is work as bad as everyone says it is? For the record I'm a neet who's never worked a day in my life and I'm at a crossroads. I have a negative opinion of work now as to why that is I'd have to put it down to what I've seen on the internet. On every site work is portrayed negatively seldomly is it ever portrayed in a positive way. So is my attitude and mindset towards work wrong and should I give it a chance or should I write it off entirely?
>>
>>31679338
>Is work as bad as everyone says it is?
It's easier than college that's frp40or sure
>>
>>31679338
depends on the job desu
>>
>>31679359
>depends on the job desu
I feel like 90% of jobs are bs. I really really don't like the idea of work but I'm trying with all my might to not be so harsh towards the idea of it. I don't know why I'm so strongly against it. It's odd for someone to never have had done something yet be so against against said thing usually negative opinions are formed are having experience but for some reason I have such a strong opinion despite never having had experience.
>>
>>31679338
It depends on the job. Some of them are really chill and easy, others treat you like disposable trash and will wreck your physical and/or mental health. Ironically, the former tend to pay a lot better.
>>
>>31679338
>Is work as bad as everyone says it is?
after about 2008 yes. things were tolerable before. now they're understaffing every job no matter what time of year it is or what demand is. if you know how jobs were in the 90s/2000s its absolute torture now, and it's never gonna get better because every time they do a another stupid thing to make you do 2 people worth of work some zoomer or immigrant pops up and goes "lol working this hard is EZ"
>>
>>31679400
>I don't know why I'm so strongly against it. It's odd for someone to never have had done something yet be so against against said thing
are you talking about the actual work or having to get a job? the actual work is fine if you could zone out. it's the fact they don't have to hire you but you need money and health care so they can just make you not talk about politics and pretend to care about corporate bullshit

if it was like FDR and you could survive as long as you'd contribute even if that just meant digging a hole and filling it up it wouldn't be so degrading. the fact that you have to deal with a business that makes you act fake is what drives you insane
>>
As far as entry level work/manual labor/"non-professional" work goes, I hated everything I ever did (which was a lot) except bartending. Bartending was fun because I liked talking to people and also enjoyed putting drunk assholes in their place. Plus it's pretty good money if you work at the right restaurant and you can have a drink here and there and nobody cares. Serving sucked ass.
If there's one thing you can learn from me, it's that most work sucks ass. You gotta find something that pays decently and that you can at least enjoy certain aspects of, which is easier said than done. I spent years hating my life as a dishwasher/busboy before I got the chance to serve (which I disliked but at least was better compensated) and then bartend. So even if you want to find a decent job without any type of degree/education/training, you'll still have to pay your dues one way or another.
>>
>>31679746
To add on to that, I've had friends that actually enjoyed dishwashing. Its obviously not a longterm career path but they liked being in their own corner, listening to their music/podcasts/whatever, and being relatively unbothered as long as they finished their work in a timely fashion.
>>
>>31679338
Work is hell if your pay is absolute shit, if you work 40 hours a week and can't afford an apartment or house and a car and live quite comfortably overall then you're better off dead.
>>
>>31679338
Work is pretty bad, but the hedonic treadmill allows you to get used to anything.
>>
Don't work a job. Corporate culture and neurotic consumerism are dogshit, modern society is completely delusional. There is no purpose to be found there. Focus on growing yourself, follow your own curiosities and help others in the ways you can.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.