[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 8.jpg (122 KB, 1080x1074)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Advice for somone with debilitatingly low self esteem? I've been haunted by an underlying self hatred since I was a child. I don't want to go to therapy, paying someone to listen to your problems sounds pathetic to me, I'd rather just continue to suffer.
>>
>>31679661
Doesn't sound like you need advice then.
>>
>>31679676
Alright
>>
>>31679661
hire a dominatrix
>>
>>31679661
>I don't want to go to therapy, paying someone to listen to your problems sounds pathetic to me, I'd rather just continue to suffer.
You're literally whining to the Internet about low self esteem, an even more pathetic act
>>
Why do you think paying a professional for health advice is pathetic? It doesn’t sound like you want to suffer or you wouldn’t be asking about it.

If you’re closed-minded from the get-go then you aren’t going to get past the first hurdle and your self esteem isn’t going to improve.

Usually first step is finding out why your self esteem is shit.
>>
>>31679721
>>31679729
Shrink copers seething
>>
Interested in this as well. I have really bad self-esteem, lots of self-hatred, and a bad inferiority complex. I have no confidence in myself to do anything, even simple tasks. I always think I'll fail and just put it off, or that I'm too stupid to figure it out. Even something like lawn mowing. There's an anxiety aspect as well as I'm paranoid about people watching me mow outside and I'll fuck it up or look foolish. So I've has to hire people to do it for me as I can't seem to overcome this mental barrier. That's just one small example of my fucked up brain. The lack of confidence kills me at work especially and has made my career extremely stagnant. Even if I succeed at something it does nothing to build my confidence. I always have serious self-doubt no matter what. Being in this state has made me an isolated weirdo and virgin in my 30s, but it's not a big surprise considering I have 0 confidence and see myself as completely worthless and inferior compared to everyone else. I never had luck with therapy or drugs and I can see OP's doubts about it too. So many drugs, male therapists, female therapists, doctors, psychiatrists, psych ward stays. I never had a good experience with getting professional help on and off for 10 years and it felt like a giant waste of money and time
>>
>>31679661
Why does it feel like all adv OP’s contain the answer to their advice question in the OP? Go to fucking therapy you dingdong and figure out what heinous shit your parents or others reinforced upon you to hate yourself. The voice of self hatred was either taught or learned.

Therapy and doing something positive like a hobby / sports will increase your self esteem
>>
>>31679661
wtf is the meaning of this post then, if you dont want help.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.