[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm finishing up college with a law degree I don't like and I'm really bad at the subject, plus have next to zero experience. I need an internship to graduate but my last one was terrible and I almost killed myself due to stress and frustration. Where do I go from here, how do I find a way to live my life for myself and in a way that makes me happy? I never really wanted anything except peace of mind, but even that was unreachable. Everyone around me says things will get better but I hate myself so much, and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can someone show me the way?
>>
>>31679699
Your problems are too vague and far fetched to give you non-generic advice, but I'll try anyways;
- you're in education, thus it's normal not to have a lot of experience. Find something else to obsess about.
- higher education is stressful, but it's worth it. Your first job will be stressful, but it'll get easier the longer you're in it, and there's a lot of people that just want to be left alone in their jobs. Eventually it becomes "daily business" and it stops being so stressful.
- Most people don't even love their jobs, and that is okay. You still need to pay bills and higher education gives you the opportunity to find a well payed place that won't suck when you finally get old.
- with any degree you have some possibilities to tailor what you do with it. That gives you a lot of possibilities for fine tuning towards something you prefer.
>>
>>31679699
I feel really sorry for you, man. I knew that I would never be able to make it working for someone else so I didn't even bother going to college because I knew it would be a complete waste of money. I started a business and while it's been hard at least it's actually possible. I would have blown my brains out working for someone else, that's even assuming I could keep the job in the first place. I've never been able to keep a normal schedule. I'm just not designed to be awake in the morning. I need a job where I'm able to work when I want and that just doesn't exist with an employer.

Working for someone else sucks ass. My only suggestion would be to either tough it out or start your own business. Those really are your only two options.
>>
>>31679846
Yeah, sorry for sperging out, it's just that I never knew what to do in life and now I just feel aimless after being letting my parents decide or steer me so much. I just don't want to wake up someday and still be as unhappy as I am now. I'll finish college and find a good internship (the last one was just plain shit, and that just exacerbated my issues), but I dunno. I might be like my mom, who graduated then went on to do stuff she liked (a got good money for it). We'll see how it goes, but I have to admit I'm mortified of this brave new world in front of me
>>
>>31679932
There will be better and worse jobs. Which job resonates with you is something you can find out by trial and error. Eventually you'll find something that you'll find reasonably easy and will be weirded out how everyone else is somehow having a super hard time with it.
When you find that place you can either:
- sneakily lean back and work just enough not to be fired
- lean in and become an ace in that thing
Whatever it is you choose: It's a good path and as long as you're willing to learn, almost every job is possible.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.