[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1619027874339.jpg (68 KB, 640x640)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Is it weird to reach out to an old friend you haven't spoken to in 5+ years?
>>
>>31679826
It depends on context.
Have they been living in the same area as you and neither of you bothered to contact each other?
Are you or they traveling to an area nearby?
Has a significant event happened in your or their life?
>>
>>31679842
>Have they been living in the same area as you and neither of you bothered to contact each other?
Yes, I moved home to live with my parents again a year ago (though I was still in the general area), I'm 25. I am 99% sure they still live with their parents and are 5 minutes away from me.
>Are you or they traveling to an area nearby?
Nope we're both in our hometown.
>Has a significant event happened in your or their life?
I had a massive crush on them when we were teens/young adults and miss their company. I am not trying to sleep with them I just really miss their friendship and feel like they made a huge impact on me when we were both younger and want to be friends again.
>>
Sounds like there’s no loss in reaching out. I don’t think it’s weird to reach out to an old friend and ask how they’ve been, if things didn’t end weirdly last time you hung out. They might even be happy to hear from you. Maybe don’t randomly show up at their parents house though.
>>
>>31679826
It is weird to ask such a question. Why can't you decide for yourself?
>>
>>31679826
Not as weird as not doing it.
>>
>>31679864
>them
You don't need to keep up the ambiguous gender when you are talking about somebody.
>>
>>31679826
Not if you're a guy.
>>
How would you feel if someone you haven't spoken to in a long time reached out? People are generally cool with it. Worst case scenario you just go back to not talking to each other like the past 5+ years.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.