[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711400445524.png (654 KB, 1184x1080)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
What do I tell my bosses, HR, and colleagues when they ask me why I quit?
I hate this job, and I already found another one.
I don't get along with anybody here despite working for 5 years already.
Not that I hate them, I just mind my own business.
>>
>>31680015
"I found a great new job that I'm really excited about. Yes it's more money"
>>
>>31680020
/thread
>>
>I don't like it here, peace out
>>
>>31680020
All ya gotta say
>>
>>31680422
Don't say this. Just be excited about the new job.
>>
>>31680015
Find something about the job or the industry that everyone dislikes and is socially acceptable to dislike. Whatever it is that people are whinging about in the lunch room. Maybe it's the long hours, maybe it's the complexity problems, maybe it's things breaking or going wrong all the time, maybe it's deadlines and time pressure. When asked, say 'personal reasons'. And if they really press it, give whatever reason is standard for your type of job. You can be vague if you want. You can say 'I don't want to talk about it.'
>>
>>31680015
You don't have to tell them shit. People leave jobs all the time. Companies fire people all the time. I would just say "I have accepted a position with another company starting on (standard is two weeks)." If they ask why something as simply as "It is a great opportunity for my professional career".

Most people are so wrapped up in themselves they probably won't even asked why you are leaving. The only people who will ask might be people you are friendly with. Just keep it professional ("great opportunity for me") and not personal with your feelings ("waaa... waaah I hate this job and my feelings were hurt by Bill!"). They probably don't care and if HR asks or has an exit interview they're just checking a box.

Plus, you never know if an opportunity may come up at your old company that would benefit you. Good to keep things professional.
>>
>>31680015
Tell them exactly what you wrote here, you dont like this job and got a better one. They can't do shit about it anyway, they probably dont care.
Be honest, then say goodbye and walk away. That's normal bussiness.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.