[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000005981.jpg (33 KB, 474x266)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
for the past four years or so, my mental health has gotten worse and worse. i attempted suicide at one point by trying to overdose on nyquil. it seems that my emotions change quickly. one day I'm normal, other days I'm angry and depressed. I take medicine for depression but I may have more than depression.

I currently don't have any friends or a boyfriend, or have any source of income, so this may be the cause of my behavior idk.
>>
GET THE FUCK OFF OF HERE

this is quite possibly the worst place to ask that fucking retard
>>
troon award
>>
bipolar requires by definition that you have a manic or hypomanic episode, which your OP doesn't show any signs of.
everyone's emotions change all the time.
the thing that would actually help you is learning how to better cope with different emotions as well as attenuating their extremes. You can learn such strategies from a psychologist.
that'll be $300
>>
>>31680023
Diagnosed bipolar person here. I really hope you're not trying to fake bipolar to feel trendy or cool having a major mental illness, but I can definitely tell you're not bipolar from your post. Mania, the mainstay symptom of bipolar, lasts minimum 1 week. The lesser version, hypomania, lasts minimum 4 days.
If your mood is changing quickly, within a day, in a day, it's 100% not bipolar. I have been manic for months before.
There's a disorder with frequent mood swings, it's called "Borderline Personality Disorder", it is also a fairly major personality disorder. Usually there's self-harm (cutting), black & white thinking, having a favorite person, splitting with people, etc.
All in all, if you really have a mental illness, see a doctor/psychologist. If you are ever prescribed medication, do your research because shit like antipsychotics are straight up poison.
Good luck.
>>
>>31680023
it could be a number of things, if you have manic episodes that's a pretty clear indicator that it could be, but you could also be experiencing any other disorder, don't jump to conclusions

>>31681895
also this
>>
If you already have a doctor prescribing ssris then talk to him about your concerns and see what he says. With that said. Be honest with your doctor and don't try to upsell yourself into a worse diagnosis.

Depressed people can eventually get off medication. Bipolar people can't. Ever. You will be taking a pill every day for the rest of your life. This is a very serious thing

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.