[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1384.jpg (132 KB, 1170x972)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>25 years old
>currently in school to get my EMT certification
>from there plan on pursuing fire fighting as a career
>devote my life to helping people and hopefully saving lives
>use money earned to pursue creative endeavors/ideas and incorporate them into a form of media (book, game, cartoon, etc)
>kill myself around 30-33

Does this seem like a solid plan? I already have about 60k in my savings and I have zero debt.
>>
Fire fighters are pretty well taken care of.

>kill myself around 30-33
That's 5 max 8 years to think it through.
>>
>>31680213
To think what through?
>>
why go through all that shit when you could just kys now dude, at that point you might as well just work some dead end job and rack up thousands of dollars of debt
>>
>>31680247
Cause I at least want my parents/God (if he exists) to be proud of me so my life wasn’t a total failure. I’m very able-bodied and I feel like it would be a grave sin to waste my life without using it to help people first
>>
>>31680267
that's stupid. seek no one's external validation, even God's.
>>
>>31680202
Firefighting is a noble career. There is nothing stopping you from joining a volunteer department to get you training and build skills if you have one in your area. That said, you may have to get additional training (e.g., paramedic, firefighter certification) if you want to be competitive for some paid positions depending on the area.

Having a solid career with a good work community will give you a lot of opportunities to expand the good things in your life beyond age 30, so don't close that door yet. You should still invest in your retirement etc. Saving 15% could net you a million+ at your age, and at worst you could donate it to a good cause without a huge change to your lifestyle.
>>
>>31680202
>firefighter
>money
maybe if you live in LA
>>
>>31680202
The problem is you’re not actually going to kill yourself then you’ll be stuck with no plan
>>
>>31680202

This sounds like a really good plan. Maybe you'll even change your mind about the kys part.
>>
>>31680202
I don't read "planning suicide" threads. Nothing OP says is in any way real, just some fucked up LARP in their head.
>>
>>31680267
killing yourself is also a sin you retard
>>
I hope you have a father or uncle that's a firefighter because most firehouses are extremely nepotistic in their hiring
>>
Bump
>>
>>31680202
Former EMT here

Op....SERIOUSLY STAY IN SHAPE and bulk up the shit out of your core body muscles. Protect the everloving fuck out of your spine.
>>
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.