[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have a question to the fellow christian out here.

I have been struggling to discern between what is fornication and what isn't

So to give context, me and my girlfriend are not yet married thus we cannot have sex , but there are some things that we do that I'm unsure if it's fornication and if i should stop.

I was thinking about it lately and I thought that even if it's not directly written on the bible, the intentions of my heart could make it a sin (such as labeling it as a joke but my intentions were to make it something more), like grabbing her ass or touching her vagina (sorry for the language, i really couldn't find another way to say it), what i used to think was "since it's not sex its not sin" but I have a feeling that it is indeed sin, I just really needed help whether to discern things like that, so we can avoid doing any kind of fornication, as that could grow to sex before marriage

I just really don't want to "bypass" the word of God trying to justify a sin.
>>
>>31680755
Christianity encompasses numerous denominations, each interpreting ancient texts—spanning 2000 to 4000 years—differently. These texts have been translated, mistranslated, and selectively interpreted over time. Some Christian groups view sex as something to avoid outside of marriage, while others accept responsible sex among consenting adults, regardless of marital status or relationship type, with many variations in between.The term "fornication" in the Bible doesn't specifically refer to sex between unmarried people. It originally described certain pagan practices considered idolatrous, involving sex with temple prostitutes (arsenokoites) to ensure good harvests. Nearly every biblical mention of fornication is paired with idolatry. The prohibition against fornication essentially advised Jews to avoid pagan sexual practices and find partners within their own community.

Ultimately, interpretations of sexual morality depend on the specific Christian denomination. Instead of trying to discern the "correct" rule from anonymous online sources, it's more beneficial to join a real-world Christian community that upholds values you resonate with and live according to their standards. Christianity isn't meant to be a set of rules you decipher and practice alone; it's about seeking spiritual guidance from real people who sincerely embody Christian teachings and demonstrate mastery of the Logos. Providence has set you in motion to find these people and have them in your life for a reason. Engaging with a community will provide clearer, more practical guidance than isolated study.
>>
>>31680828
Thanks anon. I really forgot about the collective part of christianity.
>>
>>31680755
In the broadest Christian context anything resulting in ejaculation (for the man) or orgasm (for the woman) outside of marriage is fornication.
This includes the woman not having an orgasms but assisting the man ejaculate and the man not ejaculating but assisting the woman orgasm.
>>
>>31680828
>The term "fornication" in the Bible doesn't specifically refer to sex between unmarried people. It originally described certain pagan practices considered idolatrous, involving sex with temple prostitutes (arsenokoites) to ensure good harvests.
Wildly inaccurate, on par with "jesus is Mitra" Facebook foolishness
>>
>>31680855
Also thanks, I'll take that on account aswell
>>
>>31680755
If you believe in the literal truth of the bible, then only what is specifically forbidden in the bible is sinful.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.