[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 01.png (1.41 MB, 1920x1080)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
Where can I find really cool pictures of things people may want to use as decor. For anything you could think of, anime, video games, movies, wildlife, geography, geology, whatever. High quality pictures that people would pay for a high quality print of. Where on the internet are these kinds of images typically found? Pic semi rel
>>
And yes I am well aware of the wallpaper boards. I'm holding out hope that there is a better resource out there perhaps
>>
>>31681068
What so you want to do with those pictures?
>>
>>31681186
Jizz my huge loads on them and then keep the crusty prints in a large binder that I can look at in summary at the end of the year. It's a pretty niche fetish you can look it up
>>
>>31681057
ALL images are the copyrighted property of the person who created them, and cannot be used for any profit-making purpose without the creator's license.
>>
>>31681820
Ok and? I don't think anyone would want to buy one of my binders and even if they did, the prints are DEFINITELY altered sufficiently enough for it to not be considered copyright infringement
>>
>>31681833
Read about the recording artists who were sued successfully for using a 3-second sample of someone else's record in theirs.
>>
>>31681852
Not at all what my inquiry was about but good to know?
>>
>>31681901
VERY relevant to your belief that altering the images frees you from their copyright.
>>
pinterest
>>
>>31683605
oh yeahhhhhhhhhh, thanks. Anywhere else, like any other good sites that are maybe past their prime?
>>
>>31684105
unironically pinterest
just try it out
>>
>>31681833
>DEFINITELY altered sufficiently enough
you can't know that, though.

The five-prong fair use test in American law actually refers to a four-factor analysis set forth in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act. This analysis is used by courts to determine whether a particular use of copyrighted material is "fair use" and therefore not an infringement. The factors are:

>Purpose and Character of the Use: Courts consider whether the use is for a commercial purpose or for nonprofit educational purposes. Uses that are transformative, meaning they add new expression or meaning to the original work, are more likely to be considered fair use.

>Nature of the Copyrighted Work: This factor looks at whether the work is more factual or creative. Uses of factual works are more likely to be considered fair use than uses of highly creative works like fiction or art.

>Amount and Substantiality of the Portion Used: This factor assesses both the quantity and the qualitative significance of the portion used in relation to the entire work. Using smaller, less significant parts of a work is more likely to be fair use.

>Effect of the Use on the Potential Market for or Value of the Work: This considers whether the use could negatively impact the market for the original work. If the use could serve as a substitute for the original and reduce its market value, it is less likely to be considered fair use.

>Good Faith or Bad Faith: While not formally part of the statute, courts sometimes consider whether the user acted in good faith, such as by attributing the source properly, or in bad faith, such as by intentionally infringing on the copyright.

You can say the guidelines exist, true, but they are always decided at trial and you have no idea how any individual judge will rule on those if you're not a multi million dollar corporation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.