[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shtgay.png (34 KB, 614x248)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
i have no background in anything my only good subjects were english french history. I dropped out of college and I'm 19. What should I study/work as? Just tell me what to do.
>>
>>31681566
You made this thread yesterday
>>
>>31681600
did not get answer THOUGH
>>
>>31681603
Yeah you did you just refused to take the advice because you already know what you want, you just want people to reinforce it
>>
>>31681624
the advice being...?
>>
>>31681631
You made the thread bud
>>
>>31681634
which one
>>
>>31681655
Yeah keep digging bro you are totally helping your case
>>
>>31681566
even mcdonalds pays a lot these days. get certified in a skill that has essentially guaranteed long term stability or work at mcdonalds. or apply to different firms as a clerk. or start working with contractors for like $100-$150 a day.
>>
>>31681665
>get certified in a skill that has essentially guaranteed long term stability
is there a list?
>>
>>31681670
there is not. if you pick something i and other anons can tell you what we think. im actually pretty good at predicting these things as i watch a lot of different types of videos for my worldbuilding. Maybe try plumbing. Basically a guy like you is going to want to be a clerk in a mailroom or something unless you're trying to be blur collar. The incentives for blue collar right now are much higher as that is the chokepoint in our economy right now. I think this is why the government is less concerned about schools richt now. We're overeducated for work that needs to be done, and we're uneducated to be engineers.
>>
>>31681707
anything but blue collar
>>
>>31681566
Having some college might get you considered for just about any entry-level office job. It will depend on how well you present yourself on paper and in person. Don't think in terms of career, but of job - your first job is exactly that - your FIRST job, just a foot in the door while you learn what your strengths and interests are.
>>
>>31681778
>Having some college might get you considered for just about any entry-level office job.
so will it matter what course i pick
>>
>>31681566
No-one can "tell you what to do" with your life. Anyone who tries to do so wants to use you. From my notes:

-------------------------

Finding your own purpose:

Think about what sort of world you would like to live in - a future where you are fulfilled. If you don't know then think about it before bedtime, and then tell yourself it can wait until tomorrow go to sleep. First thing in the morning before you get up. Think about the question again, and if there is any insight then write it down. Keep doing this exercise each night.

What you are looking for is a clear vision of that world that you would like to live in, because once you have that you can ask yourself what you must do to achieve it.

Finding your passion (adjacent, if not exactly the same as purpose):

Use your curiosity to find your passion. Then keep asking yourself questions to work out how to pursue it. If necessary, ask questions how to become fanatical enough to achieve it.

1. Presuppose that you have a purpose for being here on Earth. Never mind secondary things you might like to have; we just want the main thing. Suspend judgement about your supposed (dis)abilities, because you're probably loaded with false beliefs.

2. Is it (your passion or calling) physical or mental?

3. Is it a people thing, or an inanimate thing.

4. What subjects most interested you in school?

5. What topics interest you in news media?

6. What matters in the world at large would you like answers to questions about?

7. What people would you like answers to questions about? What would you ask them if you were to meet them?

8. Having collected many such questions, a pattern might begin to emerge. Notice what you attention keeps coming back to - that's your short list.

9. Ask yourself how you would go about learning more about your short list, and what resources you might need, or who you might talk to.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.