[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0936.gif (991 KB, 500x386)
991 KB
991 KB GIF
I had a job interview and just got an email back that I was unsuccessful... because I lacked "enthusiasm"... (in my defence the interview was at 9am and I wanted to seem professional)

I have been told that I can come across quite robotic at times but what was I supposed to do here? I smiled and was polite and respectful. Was I supposed to do backflips and skip around the room? I don't get it. The guy interviewing me was unenthusiastic as hell I was just matching his energy.
>>
>>31681974
You ae not just the person they want. You are the person they NEED. You alone can save their company from collapse. This will be your life's crowning achievement and their salvation.

Know that to be absolutely the case. And then go in there and explain it all to them
>>
>>31681974
nothing. I'm 40 and never been hired. this is just what they say when society has decided you are gonna be permanently unemployed because they don't like you
>>
>>31681974
You don't want the kind of job that requires you to be "enthusiastic". Very few people WANT to be at their job. It's a way to make money. Unless you have a significant stake in the company, you shouldn't need to be enthusiastic. You just need to show up and do the work that's written in your contract.
>>
God damn I hate that shit so much
>>
>>31681974
bump
>>
enthusiasm can also be demonstrated through active curiosity and interest in the role, not just through bubbly body gestures

the guy you got could've also just not vibed with you and sent you a boilerplate email he sends to everyone he doesn't vibe with. better luck next job

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.