[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm thinking of ending it because life is just tiresome and boring. Not because of a deep depression, but this deep, deepest boredom that I started feeling this year and never felt all my life. I do not experience joy doing anything. I've tried medication and therapy, neither are helping so I'd like to just skip to the ending of this life and die to get it over with. Does this method seem sound?

>start up car in garage with garage door closed, windows down
>take high dose of valium with lots of alcohol
>chill in the car and keep drinking until I pass out

Violent deaths, like self-inflicted gunshot or jumping off a bridge or on a railroad tracks are too scary for me. I like this method because it will be like drifting off to sleep.

I've got everything. A wife, a dog, a nice house, a nice job. Still totally bored of it all and ready to escape this life. My wife and my family will get over it.
>>
Obligatory suicide isn’t the answer to life being boring. If life is boring how boring do you think NOTHING is going to be?

Also the death you’re describing isn’t peaceful for a number of reasons, the main one being that humans are programmed to not want to die, so when you inevitably start having existential pain and regret, and get yourself out of your garage to get some air you’re going to have sustained brain injury that will make your life a living hell rather than ‘boring’. No unassisted suicide is painless, peaceful bliss.

You’re reaching out here so you’re capable of getting help. Get some help. You are mentally unwell and the boredom is a symptom.
>>
File: breath meditation.jpg (503 KB, 741x833)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>31682494
Joy comes from within. Meditate (picrel), half an hour a day.

I won't reply to any nitpicks.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.