[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: brains.png (224 KB, 640x442)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
How do you succeed in life?
>>
>>31682798
Generic questions get generic responses. Please provide personal details for specific advice.
>>
>>31682798
Be in control of your emotions, not controlled by them.
Be in control of your appetites, not controlled by them.
Be willing and able to do what needs doing when doing it is inconvenient, hard, dirty, you're tired, and worse.
Care about what is right, morally proper, and the best overall rather than what other people will think of you.
Be willing and able to delay gratification to succeed.
Hard work can't guarantee success but lack of effort does guarantee failure, so do your best. The worst that happens is you learn.
Jobs are for making money, not friends, You CAN make friends at work, but that is a lucky accident. Focus on the work.
The job won't care for you when you are sick. Leave work at work.
Have a positive, upbeat attitude and you will feel better, do better, and help others.
Try to make a habit of getting a little better at something every day.
>>
>>31682798
>incelligence
kek'd but that is actually true intelligence. "success" is just hard work and sticktuitiveness.
>>
>>31682798
It depends. Need context.
>>
>>31682798
fighting
>>
>>31682798
the retard answer is that you succeed in life when you are rich, beautiful and popular.
the autist answer is that every success presupposes a goal that you yourself set (since life has no natural objective).
>>
>>31682798
1. Make money
2. Be good looking
3. Don't be a dick
>>
the image in the OP is interesting. I think sapiosexual women are real, but I assume most would still need a minimum of physical attraction for genuine, passionate love to exist. I often think women who identify as sapiosexual simply have higher standards, as in they want both intelligence and looks

then there's the issue that there are different expressions of intelligence. I think women would find the verbal kind ( a guy who's smooth, a great debater, eloquent, erudite, can quote by heart) more attractive as a highly visually gifted engineer who can rotate and assemble complex constructions in his mind but who stumbles over his words
>>
>>31682977
For female zoomers, an intelligent man is one that can talk about his feelings while getting buttfucked by another equally "intelligent" man.
>>
>>31682977
sapiosexuality is supposed to refer to appreciating and being aroused by intelligence, so i don't think the type matters so much as the depth. true, men with higher verbal will tend to outcompete men with high visual in casual settings, but sapiosexual women generally want teachers or partners in crime so they'll take whoever fills that role.
>>
>>31683069
also physical attraction is a bonus, humans just minmax anyway so high attraction/midwit stats are as good as mid attraction/critical thinker stats
>>
>>31682798
Act logically and with unfaltering determination
Basically act as if you are immune to all "pills"
>>
>>31682798
>picrel
that anon is clever
>>
>>31682798
Succeeding itself is supposed to just be about making goals and finding the right methods that allow you to achieve those goals. Then doing it all. In reality though humans wouldn’t ever be satisfied with something so noble and straightforward and instead made success into a mad dash for results no matter the methods. That part is what trips up most people since only really sick fuckers end up going the exploitation route. The end result is most people being subject to a high degree of exploitation by a small and powerful few because we as humans still don’t have the balls to label those ones medically disordered yet. Women are naturally supposed to pick fit mates and they’re usually alright at doing that but when a culture is so sick that exploitation itself becomes the most viable path to success then an illusion begins to form around fitness that many women cannot understand. She was not made to have to understand such complex systems of relations nobody is, but if she were the problem would dissipate quickly.
>>
>>31682798
How to Win Friends and Influence People
48 Laws of Power
>>
>>31682798
>How do you succeed in life?
Oh, that’s easy. Stop saying ‘in life’. Say ‘my life’. Don’t obsess over success, instead, identify as the root cause of success, your success, your life. Don’t ‘fake it until you make it’ either. Instead learn to identify the successes you have have. Either ones from now or the past, no matter how small you think they are or how you fear what others may think.

Do that, and do it often. And there you go, you are a success. At what? That’s for you and you alone to decide.

I’ll throw you a freebie. You succeeded in making a thread about success. You just made a small success right there, that is something you succeeded in.

You desired to do (x) you wanted (y) outcome, and here we are at (z) scenario. You did that with your own free will. The reason why all of us who posted are here ITT is because of who, primarily? Because of you. You made the thread, You succeeded.

Success = to achieve the desired aim or result.
SO, make sure it’s your aim. And your desires, And results only valued by you.

That is the definition of the word.
>>
File: downie.jpg (255 KB, 1200x1200)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>31682928
>since life has no natural objective
YNGMI
>>
>>31682853
you need access to information too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.