[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jevil.png (210 KB, 376x358)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
is it possible to learn how to be funny
>>
>>31683041
Sure, just be yourself
>>
>>31683041
it's mostly "thing that isn't supposed to be... is? hahahhaha" but know your audience. People like to be the one laughing at the dog running into the glass door. They do not like to be the dog being laughed at. It's a form of non-aggressive social correction. Chimpanzees seem to have a sense of humor and play tricks on other animals.
>>
>>31683041
>The year is 2055
>Science is now able to isolate the "Funny" gene in babies.
>They're grown in labs. Able to joke from the second trimester.
>There is nothing to learn.
>It is nature...
>Then, when they realize that they don't need us... They attack.
>>
>>31683041
All stage comedians have a team of writers and practice their act before performing.

George Carlin interview was a total disappointment: a mean-spirited, mediocre moron.
>>
browsing 4chan made me have much better grasp of humor. remember, laughter is the energy released from a subvertation of expectations, meaning that you have a mental image of how the discussion is supposed to proceed, but when the discussion proceeds in a way you did not expect, the energy representing your image of the future is released in the form of laughter. simply interpret things in non-obvious ways
>>
>>31683848
you worded it better than i
fucking dammit
fuck
>>
>>31683898
whats wrong with that
putting things into words that others can understand is difficult, be glad that you found a better way of explaining it
>>
>>31684019
nothing is wrong with it, but most of my self-esteem comes from being generally intelligent
>>
>>31683041
I hope so. I hope Kek doesn't choose his servants at birth and after that point it's too late. Maybe you might be better off asking /x/ since this is a pretty ontological question
>t. only situationally funny
>>
>>31684196
i had a good time reading this and i appreciate your cult like behavior towards our people
>>
>>31684073
the way people become intelligent is being happy when they feel stupid, because then they are open to learning something new
>>
>>31683848
Exceptional post, anon.
>>
>>31684423
thank you, that means a lot
>>
>>31684309
i know. it just always hurts every time i lose still. it's all i have. it is a constant battle to retain what little territory i have. we think the same often it seems. at the moment you write better, and i am troubled with things on my mind.
>>
File: 1436822486456.png (437 KB, 745x690)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>31683041
watch every episode of the mega64 podcast
>>
You can learn how to write jokes so you can have a better chance to try to get a laugh if there is any good opportunity.
This doesn't help much since having this opportunity requires good social skills in the first place.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.