[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1707513010078411.jpg (347 KB, 1536x1240)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
I always try to help people by giving them advice and they always misunderstand me and think that I am trying to harm them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>31683609
One thing I've learned is that one can't help people. That sounds like a sweeping generalization but it is approximately true. The finer nuance is that one can't help people who haven't sought your help, and even the ones that have sought your help will fail to act on your advice most of the time. So you do your best to focus on the ones who: 1. Ask for your help, and 2. Show some sign that they are already making some (maybe small) efforts in the direction you think they should go.

Then again, I sometimes breaks my own rules, and have to relearn the lesson.
>>
>>31683853
too long
>>
>>31683853
why not just threaten them to follow the advice or you will kill them?
>>
can you give me advice
>>
>>31683853
How are you going to give advice to a kid who will not understand it?
>>
File: 1721685027606449.jpg (637 KB, 1024x1024)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>31683609
A majority of kids posting here do not want advice. They do not even want to hear their problems are soluble. They are runoff from /r9k/ or just here to whine and shitpost and maybe get vindication for decisions they know are shitty. >>31683853 is correct for the most part. Learn to use filters and identify who is actually looking for help.
>>
Don't help anyone unless they ask for help!!!
>>
>>31683932
very nice of you
>>
>>31683609
>>31683853
I bully people into following my advice. I bring myself up by whipcracking those around me and making men out of them. You guys sound like a bunch of limpdick faggots.
>>
>>31685998
this
>>
>>31683609
Here’s the thing about advice, it’s not just meant for the other person it’s meant also for the advice giver. You ever felt that feeling where you suspect or admit: “Man, I should really follow my own advice.”

That’s what it is. And it’s a productive thing so long as the advice giver follows his own advice eventually. And if it was good advice the other person benefits too. This is called ‘external processing’. It’s a type of projection. Everyone projects btw. If they’re not doing it cognitively, they’re doing it emotionally. That is also fine, this is how people connect and share the same picture of reality for a while.

Another thing is most people aren’t here for advice, really. They’re here for encouragement. It’s why you see so many non-question threads. So when you mistake it as an invitation of advice, they’ll get all moody. Is what it is.
>>
>>31688185

Here’s the thing about advice - it’s not just for the other person, it's also for the advice giver. People often need encouragement more than advice.

I took this guy’s advice: >>31683868

What I wrote just then was too long. Here it is shortened.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.