[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721759280476013.jpg (50 KB, 1024x1024)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
I love my brother but recently I don't like being around him. I'm 5 years older but we are both adults now. All he does is play vidya and has literally zero life or interests. I've always offered to hand out with him and do interesting things but he rarely takes me up. By this time in my life I have my shit together and have great prospects so when all he talks about is mobile games and literally has never asked a question about me or anybody else it's hard to want to be around him. He's very high functioning autistic just barely but is technically, I'm very strange too however. We are both attractive and intelligent. All he does is spend my mom's money and refuses to do shit, quit literally never done anything hard in his life. He was a spoiled ipad kid and I was abused by our dad. Also,he talks shit on me to my mom and step dad despite me never doing anything like that about him. Hes also khv. To be clear, even though he's autistic, hes really like the least amount somebody could be and could easily fit in if he wanted to. In many ways people would find him more normal too me. Should I just stop caring? it's hard too since I care about him.
>>
>>31684253
yea focus on moving out and start your own life
>>
>>31684259
I have been, we're living together for another several months, then my gf and I will be married and we're close to buying a house. I know we are going to move across the country and I just feel terrible knowing that he'll only be around my mother (oedipus mother type complex) step-dad who is getting very annoyed as well. It's hard because even though he's never let me get to close, I don't want to see him end up necking himself. Anybody have similar advice. I asked this question back in the day on here and all people said was "get out of diogenes' sunlight Alexander" lmao
>>
>>31684294
When did you get engaged, Anon?
>>
>>31684294
Just keep in touch!!!

captcha: HRT8S
>>
>>31684253
People need to want to change in order for change to happen. I know it's frustrating that you can see how shitty his life is, and he's probably unhappy with it as well. But unless he has the motivation and drive to change it, nothing will happen. Especially as an autistic person he will not respond well to people forcing him to do anything.
>Should I just stop caring?
From what I can tell about you, you couldn't stop caring about him if you tried. I think you can and will still care about him, but you should probably stop trying to change him. He has to change himself. If he shows any sign of wanting to move on with his life then I'm sure you will try to help, but it really is down to him.
>>
>>31684253
going through something similar with my brother. between 9pm and 3 am he's playing games and laughing on discord and he sounds like a demented goblin. I think he's on drugs. Unfortunately, I caused a lot of damaged by self-isolation and playing games and abusing weed, so now I have a lot to undo. He's a younger version of me, unsuprisingly
>Should I just stop caring?
I don't think so. The harder the good the better the man.
>>
>>31684253
He probably feels inferior to you and is trying to downplay your perceived greatness to him out of saltiness on his part and that is also why he does not like hanging out.
>>
>>31684847
I'm going to get engaged very soon. She wants to skip straight to marriage now!
>>
>>31685279
I appreciate this advice
>>31685569
Yes, apparently I was a bit of a bully when younger (honestly don't remember) but I hope I'm not responsible. I did smoke weed and drink when younger and got into a lot of trouble, so maybe he saw how I was and wants to avoid it. He's never done anything like that, actually he's never even said a curse word at 21. I'd normally say that's good but in his case it's actually kind of telling how immature he is. He's also on discord with his friend till dawn. Both are loser, and he lives in our neighborhood yet hasn't seen this guy in several years wtf.. does ypur brother have an inferiority complex?>>31685662
I wonder that aswell. However, ive made a conscious effort over the years to never shit on him or make him feel worthless. Only carefully crafted words that convey he has much more potential and even telling him that straight up. If I ask what he wants to do or like he says idk. Even just a few minutes ago I came home to my mom pissed off because he told her a bunch of shit about how I left him to clean a deep freezer (it was barely dirty). I was working all day and studying for something g important (he knows this is why I asked him to wipe it down) yet he tried to make me look like shit (like usual). Maybe this is inferiority complex
>>
>>31685740
Holy fuck, good luck Anon though it sounds like you won't need it!
>>
>>31685796
Anon the way you talk about your brother sounds like they're heavily enmeshed with you and you're trying to unravel yourself
>>
>>31685279
There it is, that's all there is to it
>>
>>31686238
Thank you bro, I appreciate it .
>>31686250
Yes it's hard to stay engaged when he just is addicted to buying shit and borderlands 2. Not sure how to expose someone to better things. He's technically not a NEET since he's in pilot school but I ask the dude about it and he just doesn't have any passion. Also taking 3x longer than he should dragging his heels. I didn't mean to come on here and complain sorry. Not sure if there is anything I can do to help. Mainly just feel wrong to abandon him but I can't help it if he's lagging so far behind, I'm not some super winner upstart or anything dude just acts literally 14
>>
>>31686341
You're not abandoning him, homie

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.