[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>be woman
>get guts to ask out friend I’ve liked for a while
>literal blissful perfection
>so many common interests, insane sex, genuine companionship, similar upbringings and morals, cook tasty food for each other
>nice dates 1-2x weekly
>very conscious about not being argumentative or annoying or infringing on his time
>he had bad prior experiences with clingy gfs so tell him VERY clearly i’m happy to take it slow and respect boundaries
>ffw 3 months in
>get dumped literally out of nowhere
>“we’re too intense and it’s bad for my mental health”

I’m miserable. I liked him so much and I tried so hard to do everything right. I don’t know what happened or why he decided being alone was better than having me. I miss being held at night but I don’t even want a rebound I just want him
>>
>>31684418
>he's had umpteen "clingy" gfs
>dumped me
>I don’t know what happened

You were chad-addled, like the others. Some time after the age of 30, you might wake up and select a man on the basis of character, mental stability, kindness, loyalty.
>>
>>31684418
You're both promiscuous basketcases and acted accordingly.
I don't know how you're surprised at the outcome.
>>
That guy sounds like an oversensitive fag
>>
>>31684418
sorry sis, men complain they have to be the chasers but then they always treat women who chase them like crap. a hard lesson to learn.
>>
>>31685637
I can't deny that but you can't deny that when we do treat you like crap it makes you chase harder :^)
>>
>>31684418
Even if you thought you had boundaries you didn't realize you didn't. It seems like from these posts your happiness was tied to being around and being with him. It doesn't matter what's going on as long as you had access to him you were happy. He most likely saw that and felt drained overtime. When guys want space it's because your entire demeanor is parasitic. Thats why he broke things off. You don't function and operate as your own independent person when it comes to happiness, its dependent on him. Women like you don't understand that you need to go get a life outside of your partner.
>>
>>31684418
I'll say it since that guy didn't show up yet: "dating Chad has its consequences" kek
>>
Lower your standards, whore. You will NEVER tie down Chad or get him to commit. Go for a guy whose looks/personality you can tolerate and is a functional member of society.

Look for a way to castrate your hypergamous and whorish instincts so you don't ruin it.

Or don't and just become another trainwreck alpha-widow wine aunt for the next 40-50 years of your life.
>>
>>31684418
>it’s bad for my mental health”

Stay away from people with fragile mental health
>>
>>31684418
I had this happen to me from the man side. Turns out when they were saying all that shit about being mentally unwell, they were really preparing to shove us away when their metres got filled up and they pop. Sorry, but you’ll find someone better.
>>
>>31684418
I'll offer a bit of advise based on experience with men. Not only the obvious players (has many female options) but that "nice" guy (has few female options and/or desperate)
All of them began to search for other women to fuck as soon as they have sex with you IF they know no other men are trying to fuck you.

Soon as any man believes you are his you are on the way out. Never make the mistake of being a one man woman. Never reject the attention of other men in front of him but be subtle about it. He must know if he is not attentive you have options. Don't rub it in his face but he must see men lurking and vying for your attention.
>>
>>31684418
>he had bad prior experiences with clingy gfs
How don't people get this as a statement of how they are gonna be treated?
>>
>>31685993
Sounds like a guy who uses (one of) his lady as an emotion and cum bucket

>>31687389
Sounds like an overly complicated way to hide obsession, resulting in a boring af woman
>>
File: it's all ogre now.jpg (9 KB, 400x400)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>31684418
>be me, man
>ask a girl I liked for a while out
>literal blissful perfection
>lots of common interests, ''sex'' is something beyond this world, genuine companionship, similar upbringings and morals, get tasty food for each other
>nice dates 1-2x weekly
>zero to no arguments
>ffw a little over six months in
>get dumped

Sincerely, I hope you find someone better, because I've been through more or less this situation. On the contrary, I urge you to rethink about your relationship, was it genuine love, or simple crushing? In my case, I made the severe mistake of building our relationship with sex, and add the rest later. Think back about what didn't work out between the two of you, try to contextualize what little things you thought were good but may have been bad all along.

Right now, after a whole ass year, I'm dating someone else now. It also helps to find someone to talk about your previous relationship.
>>
>>31684418
He was the clingy one you absolute retard. He lied.
>>
>>31687389
Your advice "works" only in the sense that it might keep around for longer the exact dysfunctional men you complain about. It drives away everyone else.

> Never reject the attention of other men in front of him but be subtle about it.
No loyal man will tolerate this.
>>
>>31684418
Stop dating faggots
>>
>>31684418

he probably has commitment/attachment issues and decided to push you away once he felt you were getting too close. You didn't do anything wrong from what I gathered, so it's no use ruminating over your own actions and what you could have done differently. I'm guessing this was the same cycle he went through with his former girlfriends. Some people think any kind of affection/vulnerability is suffocating and scary because they don't have a healthy attachment style.

Give yourself some grace and allow yourself to grieve the relationship. Men almost always come back one way or another, but if he does, try to remain steadfast. He's shown you what he thinks about you, and how much he cares for you. never let a man tell you he doesn't want you more than once.
>>
>>31684418
alright here's advice in /adv/ which is probably completely out of place in that it's actually good advice

get these two books
Attached
The Passion Trap

together they begin to explain EVERYTHING pretty much when it comes to relationship dynamics and breakups

it sounds like he was avoidant and you were possibly anxious (attachment styles, first book)

it also sounds like he was the +1 and you were the -1 (the passion trap) i.e. he's out of your league and because you both secretly knew it it fucks up your dynamic (moving it towards anxious for the -1 and avoidant for the +1)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.