[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
  • Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 61V8BkRBZtL.jpg (17 KB, 500x500)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
How do I discourage strangers from asking me stupid questions that they would have found the answer to if they bothered to wait a few seconds to find out?

You know the shit I'm talking about?
>>
>>31684424
>You know the shit I'm talking about?
No, because you specified absolutely nothing at all.
>>
>>31684450
Then this question isn't for you, retard. There's the door, don't let it hit your ass on the way out. NEXT...
>>
>>31684497
Post a completely generic question, get a completely generic answer. What did you expect? Low-IQ poster.
>>
>>31684450
You are better than OP. Destroy him and take his place.
>>
strangers? nothing you can really do besides look unapproachable and be overly harsh so that more strangers see how unlikeable you are and not ask you anything
>>
>>31684561
What does likeability have to do with anything?

A cop doesn't have to like you but that won't stop them from asking questions they need answered.

Same thing with your boss or coworker. They can ask you questions about the task at hand and they don't need to like you at all.
>>
>>31684561
Strangers who beg you for money on the streets. They don't like you either. But that doesn't stop them from trying to collect your money.
>>
>>31684424
>How do I discourage strangers from asking me stupid questions that they would have found the answer to if they bothered to wait a few seconds to find out?
Like what?
>>
>>31684858
Never give em money.
>>
>>31684424
Stop working retail
>>
>>31684424
how do you discourage strangers from asking you what now??
>>
>>31685677
Can't.... I'm trapped...
>>
>>31684424
How does that make you feel when it happens? Why do you think it makes you feel that?
>>
>>31686293
>How does that make you feel when it happens?
Used.

>Why do you think it makes you feel that?
I wanted no interaction with other humans in that moment. Then out comes this Imbecile with the question that urgently needs answering, and now I'm forced to either answer the question against my will or ignore the person and be considered a jerk for ignoring them.

Basically I am pissed because their need to ask me that question has brought me into a situation I never wanted to be in because I don't want to come off as a jerk but at the same time, what the fuck with these questions.

And it's a question that doesn't need to be answered.
>>
>>31684424
>You know the shit I'm talking about?
That question was not necessary
>>
>>31686356
Why do you fear being considered a jerk?

In your mind, what's your life gonna look like if people consider you a jerk?
>>
>>31686797
Well if you know the shit then the shit knows you, player. You know what I'm saying, home slice macaroni and cheese noodle?
>>
>>31686818
You know what. That is a very deep question that I am actively trying to avoid facing, in my mind. I cannot answer it. All I know is, I must not be perceived as the bad guy because I always do my best to avoid that sort shit from people.
>>
>>31686855
Try searching that question a bit further then.
Why do you fear being considered a jerk?
Why do you avoid the question?
How does the question itself make you feel? Why is that?

Spend some time thinking about these things. Sure, it will feel hella uncomfortable, but it will be time well spent.
>>
>>31686888
Alright, man. Thank you. How much do I owe you for this therapy session?
>>
>>31684424
No cuz im no an autistic brainrot internet addict
>>
>>31684768
none of your example populations are who OP asked about: strangers. and like i said, nothing more you can do besides be unapproachable. some people don’t give a fuck and will ask dumb questions anyways. c’est la vie.

>>31684858
are those the people OP is talking about who will find their answer if they wait? i don’t think so. reading comprehension is important anon
>>
>>31687358
You're on 4chan, dude. I've got news for ya... you're an addict.
>>
>>31684424
My brother do this, I just say I don't know even if I do and he just leaves
>>
>>31687990
But he's family. He is your blood.
>>
>>31688428
Family...
>>
>>31691014
Is that you, Vin?
>>
>>31684424
Be less hesitant.
>>
>>31694044
doesn't matter if it's 5 seconds or five miles, this is the fast and the furious 17
>>
>>31696551
>this is the fast and the furious 17
fucking kek'd so hard at that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.