[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7371.jpg (40 KB, 365x519)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Things are pretty shitty for my rn anons. More often than not I feel depressed. Had anyone here used meditation to help (not fix) depression. Honestly was it worth it?
>>
yeah it works you just have to do it often enough. 1-2 hours a week
>>
>>31685268
You could simply do it and find out and not waste our time here.
>>
>>31685268

Have you tried something as simple as touching grass, or getting some Sun on your chest?
>>
>>31685268
Depression is a burden of the mind. Meditation requires you to climb in your mind and observe the mind.

So despite what meditation fans might say, I think that’s like asking someone in a burning building to climb back into it. However, meditation can at least maybe tell you how to separate the thoughts from your identity by showing you how to remove the pain from the thoughts.

That pain has to go somewhere though, it’ll be sent down to your body. If you can accept all that then maybe it’ll work. I don’t think it does personally. There’s a reason why that old buddhist monk has stayed a monk until his old age, he hasn’t realised meditation never solved the initial problem.

The way to deal with it is to handle it. To accept depression by its ugly horns and keep moving, while accepting the pain instead of fighting it. Don’t look at it as trying to win or lose, it’s about trusting your own pain.

So channel it, put the ugly bull into its pen, redirect it via outlets. Go out of comfort zone, take up any activity that challenges you, that lets you pour anger into it. Sport, gym, hiking, crafting, anything that requires physical force and physical exhaustion to push through.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.