[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG-20240719-WA0026.jpg (34 KB, 739x415)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
For the past few days, my mom has been complaining about kids playing outside and hitting our fence with their ball. Since she didnt know which kid is which, I offered to install alarms and a security cam outside. Seemed reasonable.

Just now she got really really angry at them just playing outside the house. They hit a part of our wall, but just barely, yet she started asking lots of questions about them and where they live. I fear that now that Ive given her an inch of validation, shes gonna take issue with smaller and smaller things.

We now have a lot of neighbors, and some are not so friendly. She is quick to anger, and very stubborn. How should I handle this situation?
>>
>>31685427
>How should I handle this situation?
It doesn't sound like it's your situation to handle. Your mom is an adult. She'll act as she wishes. She is not your responsibility.
>>
>>31685436
>>
File: 1708868054191489.png (305 KB, 600x632)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>31685427
If she's elderly and you're somewhat taking care of her or at least somewhat responsible for her just be incredibly frank with her that it's a complete non issue and she's being ridiculous and she's going to get herself shot or otherwise harassed if she keeps causing problems with strangers. I find with boomers appealing to their fear and being direct can help.
>>
>>31685427
Unless you own a large plot of land surrounding your house on all sides, the kids can play anywhere they want. And if you do own a large plot of land, put a fence around it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.