[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sdjgf324o5.png (134 KB, 527x484)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
Will going on daily 1 hour walks actually make me lose weight within the next 3 months?
>>
As long as you don't eat above your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. If you go on a long walk but then "reward" yourself with a feast, you'll actually gain weight.
>>
>>31685930
Lol. No. You're not getting away that easily, shart.
>>
https://tdeecalculator.net/ EAT 500-1000 CALORIE LOWER THAN SEDENTARY STATS
>>
>>31685930
Carnivore diet.

Sell your car and get a bicycle.

Do upper body exercises or bodyweight exercises at home.

Thank me later.
>>
< an physical activity at all will help man
>>
>>31685930
Weight loss is strictly calories in vs calories out. I recommend using a tdee (total daily energy expenditure) calculator. You enter your height and weight, and it estimates around how many calories you burn day to day. For activity level questions, just put in that you're sedentary since people are terrible at judging what is "active"
It'll display how much you need to eat in order to gain, maintain, or lose weight at different rates. Increasing your activity level with walking will help increase your tdee, but only slightly (like 100 or so calories)

If you're willing to walk for an hour every day, I would instead strongly recommend doing some resistance training (like lifting weights, or even doing bodyweight exercises at home)

The reason I recommend this is that muscle requires more energy to maintain, that's why you see bodybuilders eating 5000 calories a day. This means that if you gain more muscle, your body will burn more calories every day to maintain those muscles (your tdee rises as a result of gaining muscle mass), making it easier to lose weight.

Really this could all be summed up by reading the /fit/ sticky
If you're really strict, I estimate you could probably lose 20ish lbs in 3 months, I managed to do that once.

>t. /fit/izen with successful experiences in both weight loss and gain
>>
>>31686158
SHUT FUCK UP IDOT I ALREDY EXPLAIN
>>
>>31686164
kek
>>
>>31686060
I'll thank you now. OP, listen to this guy or suffer.
>>
>>31685930
Learn to stop stuffing your face, fatass
>>
>>31685930
I recommend doing 4 hours each day, with one day off a week
>>
Doesn't really matter. Just get into the habit of working out daily and build up from there. I went from doing 6 mile hikes a week to 3 mile walks every day, to running/lifting daily over the course of a year. Life is a marathon, not a race
>>
>>31685930
Drop things like soda liquid calories is what fucks you, Along with slop. It’s preferable to hit the gym, walk/jog 2 miles a day and don’t take breaks between. You’ll lose weight and it’ll pay off
>>
>>31685930
Only if you don't eat so much.

Intermitted fasting + daily walking is the key.
>>
>>31685930
Not immediately, because of the irony that muscle weighs more than fat. But after the first couple of weeks, yes.

And you'll feel much better. And just because you're out among people, your social skills will improve.
>>
>>31685930
your energy expenditure must be lower than your TDEE. that's the golden rule
walks will help, I also recommend lifting. make sure your diet is also balanced, you can't go without carbs and protein
>>
>>31685930
No. Eating less will help you lose weight.
>>
>>31686103
not for losing weight

if you're already eating 500 calories a day over basal metabolism it won't do shit
>>
>>31685930
Yes
Progressive overload, start with 1 hour walk, then add time, then start running, then add some bodyweight exercises etc...

>>31686033
online tdee calculators are bs dont waste time on those

And of course check the shit you put in your mouth
>>
>>31685930
If you are currently at a steady weight than yes, adding exercise of any kind will make you lose weight. Unless you allow yourself extras as a reward.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.