[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721879200760.jpg (57 KB, 735x691)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
My step dad bought a huge plot of land in the late 90s. This particular land has a bunch of stuff which used to be owned by a company that leased out things like trucks, busses and other machinery and they went bankrupt in the 80s and as far as I know had to liquidate all their assets. I'm not sure why but a bunch of stuff are left here in this plot to rot. I didn't even know about this until I came across this while mountain biking with my gf and decided to ask him. I asked him if he could sell or do something with the stuff and he said that they (meaning the people who owned the land before he bought it and probably not the leasing company) are supposed to take those things out eventually but the last time they touched that land according to him was when he bought the land in the first place... I want to go back there and break open some sheds and see what's inside. Maybe even check out the vehicles because they seem really old. Like 60s old. He warned me against doing that because again the stuff aren't his even though he owned this land for decades at this point. I'm not sure what to do here since the dude is in his 80s rn and isn't that senile. I could get away with it and I don't think there's laws prohibiting us form just claiming those stuff as our own since no one have claimed them till now. Keep in mind that they are extremely dilapidated and they have been sitting inside some woods since who knows when. Any law anons here? What should I do?
>>
>>31686288
Buy an hour of a lawyer's time to have him/her examine the terms of the sale and the applicable state laws. It is most probable (but you have to chack) that the land was sold with everything on it, making it yours to keep, sell or junk.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.