[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721892187208759.png (52 KB, 634x203)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
How do I go from 1 to 5 or at least 4?
Internal monologues and overthinking are killing me
>>
>>31686644
Wait, isn't it completely optional whether you imagine the apple or not?
Thought you could just not imagine the apple if you didn't want to
>>
>>31686644
Paradoxically, you need to relax to the point of half-sleep and learn how to achieve that state at will. That's where dreams enter your mind's eye.
>>
>>31686690
It's not about the apple for me, it's about clearing my head and becoming still
>>31686711
But how do I do it? I tried weed, meditations, cold showers, breathing techniques
>>
File: 1533540786903.jpg (153 KB, 750x748)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>31686742
Stop trying for a bit. Relax using whatever, without "trying to see shit". This means that some time may pass (minutes, hours, days, I don't know) where you don't see shit. Accept it and relax.
When shit does finally appear at random, you need to notice your level of relaxation at that moment. The first few times, you will immediately tense up and it will go away. Notice that as well. In time, you will get better at maintaining that level of relaxation unaided.
>>
Protip;jack off only from memory
>>
>>31686742
>it's about clearing my head and becoming still
Weird, is this necessary to achieve what you asked for in your OP?
Part of me thinks that the image in your OP just comes from a misunderstanding
Like I can visualize the apple however I want, but it lives as a fabricated image in my "mind's eye" not my actual eyes
It's different from hallucinating a visual. I can do this with my eyes open, and my vision isn't interrupted.

The apple is kind of tough to talk about since there's no utility to it, but when I was a kid, I used to play around with all kinds of little handheld puzzles. Some Rubik's cubes, some of those rope puzzles, the ones where you have to dismantle this crazy object that looks impossible to dismantle
You would sit there and hold it and rotate it around in your head as well as in real life. You use your memory and imagination to "see" the entire thing from every angle

Are you really unable to visualize things? How do you navigate the world? Sometimes I see things that look like they screw on to or otherwise attach to something else, and I can only find a use for that thing by visualizing where it goes
>>
>>31686644
I went to an eye doctor and they taught me how to do this. I can't remember what we did though. It's possible but you'll have to keep looking anon.
>>
File: breath meditation.jpg (503 KB, 741x833)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>31686644
The OP picture is unrelated to internal dialog.

I found that meditation (picrel) , half an hour a day, made me consciously aware, in everyday life, of thoughts and feelings as objects/processes inside me and not "me." That shift in perspective makes it much easier to gently let go of unwanted thoughts. That in turn means less internal dialog.

For fun you might also try Hakalau, as described in an image I'll post after this one.
>>
File: meditative techniques.jpg (444 KB, 1210x939)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>31688208
Hakalau, number 2 on the list.
>>
>>31686644
Hey OP. I’ll try to keep it simple to grasp:

Overthinking and maladaptive daydreaming is a learned coping mechanic from external stress. Think of a turtle. It feels uneasy? Wow it climbed into its own shell.

Same is true with humans but we don’t have shells we have minds. If a man stays in that mind shell for a long time it means he has been stressed for a long time.

He can get good at visuialising, deep thinking, lateral thinking, critical thinking this way.

But all thoughts are worthless unless acted upon, even good thoughts. So if man does not climb out his shell, then he becomes a passenger of life, never the driver.

How to stop? Find out what stresses you and then mitigate it. Either by good coping mechanisms or avoiding the stressors entirely. Those stressors can be from people. Circumstances. Bad habits. Past pains; physical or emotional. You name it.

Manage those and you can climb out your shell more. It’s scary at first, a bit blinding, like coming out of plato’s cave, but it’s doable.

Understand this: What I speak is real. It is not a concept, it is not another toy for your mind to play with. It is reality.

Also. It’s okay to climb back in your mind to cope so long as you keep up with trying again. That’s all.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.