[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do I stop feeding the bitter fledgling monster in me? How do I not mentally break apart?

I remember I was getting out of highschool, nervously leaving the nest but bright-eyed. Nowadays I'm chained down as a caretaker for my mom/sister who both have developed medical issues.

I don't know how to stop this when my life is basically
> Daily driving my family to doctors appointments/errands
> Being barely able to hear my self think when I'm at home
> My mom's incessant constant state of manic panic over even minor things.
> My sister's early-onset mental/physical degredation (She's 20, I have no idea what is going on)
> My mom mentally degrading, but I at least understand why in her case
> Landlord is an asshole
> No time to socialize anymore

I dunno how people do it, the whole situation has made it hard to not become extremely bitter. Everyone I knew has moved away so I'm pretty much on my own dealing with this. The one friend I have who I can talk to about stuff is currently caring for some family with cancer halfway across the world.

I also can't afford therapy either, and the looming threat of my landlord getting into deep shit that will force me to move keeps growing. I'm working on hopefully getting a home, but... Do I even need to explain the current housing market?
>>
>>31686988
Run away, brother. Fuck it.
>>
>>31686988
>How do I stop feeding the bitter fledgling monster in me?
Appreciate and be satisfied by what you have.
>How do I not mentally break apart?
You mean like make a tulpa or something? Just don't try to break apart
>>
>>31687120
Actually wait you have an actual problem
Move away from your mom
>>
>>31686988
Simply ask yourself the question whether you think living your life in service of your mom and sister is a life you'd be happy to live. If you think it's worth the struggle and lack of freedom to help your family then embrace it and let it give you strength. If not then you are under no obligation to care for them, even if they are family, and you should leave and go live your own life.
When I was younger I used to have to take care of my mom and two sibling too. I don't think the situation was as bad as yours, but it's still similar in ways. I did it because I felt obligated to be a good older brother, but I resented my parents for putting me in that position. For years and years I waited for the moment I would be able to live my own life. When I finally graduated HS and went to college you know I chose one that was far away so I didn't have to deal with their problems anymore. My little sister felt I abandoned her at the time, but we've talked it through since then and she's come to realize why I did what I did. We have a really good relationship nowadays.
You aren't responsible for putting your mom or sister on this planet, so you aren't obligated to care for them. It is more selfish of them to expect you to waste away being their caretaker than it would be for you to make them find solutions to their own problems. You should definitely take your sister to the doctor to find out what's going on with her though. If you don't live in an absolute 3rd world shithole and your family's conditions are bad enough, there's likely some kind of governmental care program that can take the load off your back. You have options.
>>
>>31686988
is your sister and mom physically or mentally unable to drive, or are they just acting retarded? Can they uber/utilize medical transportation through insurance?
>>
>>31686988
You need to apply to the state as their official caretaker. Look up Medicaid waiver for family caregiver or some such shit

There's stipulations you have to meet but that's up to you to determine and research
>>
>>31686988
fpbp /thread
>>
>>31686988
Where's your dad in all this?
I am dealing with something similar and all I can say is that I am sorry you have to endure this. I won't tell you what to do. But I hope that everything works out for the best. This is a difficult situation for everyone involved.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.