[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GSahuCnXIAEp6of.jpg (54 KB, 750x719)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
So I want to ask a gurl I like. Problem is that she's my only friend too. If it get rejected then would I fuck up my only friendship? If she politely rejects me would it still make the friendship awkward?

she's a kind and polite person so she probably wouldn't get offended if I asked her on a date(assuming she doesn't like me back)
>>
>>31687125
you probably know by her behaviour around you if she likes you or not
>>
>>31687139
Yeah this, women will flirt with you if they like you (unless they're some kind of giga autist). If she isn't flirting with you or giving you hints, she's not into you and you'd probably just ruin the relationship.
>>
Sometimes, but not always.

Even if the rejection is purely amicable and understanding, she might still read everything about you, every little thing you do, with an extra layer of scrutiny and suspicion now—and this alone can eventually kill the friendship.

People will often say that it's impossible to be friends after rejection because of the unreciprocated feelings that you're experiencing, and there's certainly some truth to that. But it's usually because that once the other person becomes aware of your feelings for them, they'll inevitably find themselves analysing you a lot differently than their other friends, and having gauge and re-interpret what your intentions are, and whether or not you're behaving as just a friend, or have something more in mind. And this eventually grows into a pile of suspicions and double-takes, where she might find herself having to be more cautious around you, that it's hard to say whether or not your friendship is going to survive for much long.

And even if you eventually lose feelings for her, and see her as just a friend and nothing more, the fact you displayed *some* level of interest in the first could still creep up on her, and make it too difficult to continue the friendship with you. Hell, even in situations where she *knows*, with absolute certainty, that you only just see her as a friend, it can still be too much to handle for her.

So, as usually with these cases, it's best to approach with an abundance of caution. And since she's allegedly your only friend, it might not be worth at all, until you have other friends to fallback on.
>>
>>31687193
women sometimes like to flirt for fun, not just because they're attracted to that person. just because we flirt with you doesn't mean we actually like you
>>
>>31687139
>>31687193
Thank you
>>31687220
Thanks Sir
>>31687229
back to r/twoXchromosomes with you faggot
>>
>>31687125
>So I want to ask a gurl I like. Problem is that she's my only friend too.
STOP!
Fix your fucking like. When you have 3 more friends see if you are even still interested in her.
>>
>>31687229
Very true. Men do the same.
>>
>>31687125
It is up to you. Women can generally do this - reject you as a bf but keep you as a friend - better than men, who tend to think in all-or-nothing ways.
>>
>>31688069
>Women can generally do this - reject you as a bf but keep you as a friend
god no, women feel very insecure about themselves when they find out their guy friends are attracted to them, and have to be wary around them now
>better than men, who tend to think in all-or-nothing ways.
this part's true, tho
>>
>>31687229
I have to disagree with this. I dont flirt with anyone but my man. I had one of his friends touch me a little weird the other day and have felt super ick about it since.
Mind you, I told my bf as soon as we left and got home and mentioned that I had looked to a couple other mutuals for "help" without saying anything and didnt get any support (was in public)
>>
>>31690042
10000% if a guy friend told me he liked me, I wouldnt even look at his insta story or like anything he posted.
>>
>>31690081
you're not representative of me or other women, girl
flirting is fun, it doesn't have to mean that you want anything with this person
>>
>>31687125
Best to test the waters by flirting and seeing how she reacts
>>
>>31690081
>I have to disagree with this.
That's because you're smart, and have the social skills needed to realise why flirting for the sake of it doesn't always end well.

A lot of people (not just women) aren't as intelligent.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.