[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709563706408174.jpg (86 KB, 1282x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Title. I had thr opportunity to commission as a pilot in the Navy last year and I turned them down. I now despise myself for it.

There is no going back, I can't commission into the Navy now that I've turned them down.

I'm 33, I hate my job as a patent examiner. I apploed to the navy as a way out, and when the acceptance came I felt unsure about it and kept flip flopping on the 10 year active duty commitment
I hate this job and this life and I had a chance to escape this hell but I chickened out.

I hate myself and don't know how not to wake up every day for the rest of my life without feeling regret about this.
>>
You can console yourself with the knowledge that after a couple years in the navy you'd be making this exact same post saying how much you hate it
>>
Pilot cutoff is 33
Navy is general is 41
>>
>>31687162
You don’t know that. Don’t comfort yourself with lies .Never lie to yourself
>>
>>31687155
Could always try army aviation. Won’t be fixed wing but worth a shot if you’re miserable
>>
>commission as a pilot in navy
I have a sneaking suspicion your recruiter lied to you.
>>
>>31687256
No it's real, I had the contract. There's a chance I'd wash out of flight school but I'd just have to re-designate.
>>
>>31687240
I've looked into it, too old. I can still try for an age waiver tho
>>
>>31687325
Hit up Jake zweig with an email. He’s got like 300 guys in aviation right now. Might have a better answer or direct you to one
>>
>>31687653
Who's zweig?
>>
>>31688545
Former navy seal officer and naval academy grad. Football coach at university of Illinois used to coach for the Vikings.His main gig online is his mentorship program. He streams twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays. He has gotten hundreds of guys through into socom and aviation. He also just set up a community on schools , there’s like 300 guys in the aviation ports and he’s got military and civilian airline pilots in there. He’d probably set up a private zoom call if you emailed him or you could pop in to one of the discord calls. He usually has a few top recruiters on the calls that could definitely help you figure out your options. But if you reach out directly he’ll definitely help you see your options and give you resources and some contacts that could help you get a waiver or just help figure out your options. He’s got a bunch of shit on YouTube and instagram if you want to check it out.
>>
>>31688705
Thanks ill look into him. My goose is probably cooked tho
>>
>>31687155
Anon that was really stupid.

I tried to join the Air Force when I was 24 and got rejected. Didn’t even make it to MEPS. I didn’t even get the chance and you had a golden platter meal handed to you….
>>
>>31687155
Going to be honest. I would've hopped all over that. Navy Pilot program is elite stuff. I'm sorry. If I were you, I'd do everything possible to get in -- or alternatively, find something similar.
>>
>>31687155
go civilian route
>>
>>31687240
>10 year active duty commitment
Isn't the Army ADSO even longer than the navy one he freaked out about?
I have a better suggestion. The shortest Army ADSO I've heard of is two years but most non-aviation are three years. Just do three years as "anything other than aviation".
The Army is always doing dumb shit like whining about pilot shortages while increasing the ADSO at the same time. What they have is not a shortage of applicants but a shortage of qualified applicants, so they just keep on tightening the screws despite fewer good candidates getting thru.
There's so much nonsense with branching and OCS being the bottom of the list that its impossible to guess what you'll get, but it is possible to guess you'll only get three years. Go logistics, TC branch, after you get out get a management/executive job at some logistics company. Note that even if you technically branch MI, you'll serve in a INF platoon for the first couple years anyway to "prove" yourself so you might be going INF even if you branch elsewhere. Army is weird that way.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.