[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've got a coworker in the discord of my friend group. It's been fine, but lately his gimmick the past two weeks is joining, not talking and then streaming. He's also been using our jokes he doesn't get with me at work. None of this is inherently bad, but it's come off as weird. None of my friends like it either. And he brings up the chat with me daily in a sort of dry sarcasm way. Is it wrong to just kick him and be done? It feels like he's not there to make friends, he's just there to get a laugh for himself.
>>
>>31687387
Just be honest with em and tell what your thoughts are.
To me it seems like this guy is trying to socialize with ya just that his social skill is bad.
You can ask em if he wants an advice on how to socialize, if so teach him the correct manner.
Be kind to him please.
>>
>>31687387
You sound kind of mean. Sounds like he needs a friend. Doesn’t have to be you ofc, but I wouldn’t immediately write off the socially awkward guy trying.
>>
>>31687460
I don't mean to, I think why I question his motives is because at work he's the type of guy to make fun of how others look/act/talk a lot in very mean-spirited ways. I wave it off, but it makes me wonder if he's just trying to gauge us. He's not awkward or particularly quiet in person.
>>
>>31687491
A lot of people who shit talk others are socially retarded fuckheads who think dunking on others is their road to being liked. Don't wave it off, ask him what the fuck his problem is. Expose to him the fact that what he's doing is abnormal and he'll get really insecure about it and stop. Also just tell the man that his behavior in the discord is making other people feel awkward. The way you describe him comes off as a textbook high-functioning autist who never learned how to socialize properly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.