[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Will spending more time around women and making female friends help me overcome my deep seated misogyny? I keep finding myself disgusted and annoyed by women every time I hear them talk and this is neither healthy for me nor fair to them; I want to be better.
>>
>>31688078
Yes

/thread
>>
>>31688078

Lmao no, it will only increase it ten fold. You just gotta come to terms with it, think of women as little children who never grew up, and treat them as the children they are.
>>
>>31688082
actually i dont know
the more time i spend with them the more i figure they are brainless whores
>>
It depends on what you hate about women.

Usually getting to know people helps me break my preconceived notions about them, but some people I grow to resent the more I get to know them.

The key is to figure out that women, just like us, are individuals, and there are detestable and favorable women. You might not overcome your misogyny entirely but it might help you not put them all into the same bubble, which is a great first step.
>>
>>31688103
same anon here

You might also need to find women in more intelligent circles -- if you only spend time in clubs/tinder/with shit women, you'll just affirm your biases and become more misogynistic.
>>
>>31688103
>>31688108
It's hard to say. It feels there's very little pattern to what irks me. What bothers me most is that when I talk about similar subjects with men I am not as irritated, which does mean that I am prejudiced against women. I don't want to be this way. Even in front of women who have done me no wrong or who aren't doing anything bad per se, I feel like I have less patience with them. I do admit that I tend be be angry when I hear women speaking about men they want to have sex with in a way that doesn't happen when I talk to guys about whom they want to fuck. With dudes I find it a little cringy but with women it irritates me. Even if I know nothing of the woman or don't find her attractive at all.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.