[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240723_125847.png (2.45 MB, 1284x1492)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
Freaking out. How do you guys function and deal with this? I stopped the medication that did it to me but I’m absolutely horrified to read online that the cause is ACTUAL BRAIN DAMAGE and it can be PERMANENT. Holy fuck, i actually ruined my life by trying to do better for myself. I know it’s not, but this feels like an actual curse.
>>
>>31689163
What are you talking about?
>>
>>31689367
OP has schizophrenia or similar and was prescribed antipsychotic pills that probably make him less crazy but also a significant and frequent side effect is sleepiness and weight gain like antidepressants but also Tardive Dyskinesia which makes you spasm and and have weird tics like a stereotypical crazy person.
Basically he got in a catch 22 and lost because being crazy or appearing crazy from a distance to other people are both going to be incredibly difficult to deal with.
Maybe try some vitamins or different meds, but you were probably on a ton of meds before you ever got prescribed an antipsychotc tier drug so that's likely not going to be a good enough answer.
>>
>>31689367
It’s quite easy for you to google what tardive dyskinesia is
It’s a side effect from certain psych meds that causes spasms/unwanted involuntary movement
>>31689502
Yep. I’m not schizo tho but the rest is spot on. I’d rather be crazy in my brain than appear crazy on the outside, but rip, too late.
>>
>>31689163
The cause is actually thought to be dopamine supersensitivity syndrome, and there's medications for it, but it can be permanent. Sorry you had to hear about it this way OP, it was all in the pamphlet they gave with the drug, and available online in wikipedia or on a number of different sites. Next time you have to educate yourself, nobody else is going to be your advocate.
>>
Very sad bump.

>>31689767
>dopamine supersensitivity
Thanks anon, i haven’t heard of that before. I thought i had read about ALL the side effects of this med and trade dyskinesia is not one I saw, iirc. My fucking loss, le sigh.
>>
>>31689502
I have a weird tic disorder that looks crazy from a distance.
It's not that bad. People are extremely forgive and forget as soon as they talk to me and see I can speak and act like a normal person.
I have had a normal school, dating and professional life.
People who don't know me well can be very judgemental. But who doesn't experience that?

Jus saying. Schizophrenia vs. Weird tics? Weird tics wins by a lot.
>>
>>31690647
i’m not schizophrenic, im severely depressed and my docs thought it was bipolar :/// idk man, being sad sucks but so does twitching all fucking day
>>
>>31689163
Everything you hear is lies. Doctors give you shit you don’t need to make money and they tell you you’re going to die if you don’t keep giving them money. If you were in that business, you’d probably end up doing the same.
>>
File: IMG_1576.png (196 KB, 860x628)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>31690699
I just wanted to stop daydreaming about hanging myself every single day, man. And i ended up with a permanent facial tic LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
>>
>>31690711
hey guy, that's not funny, read the room.
>>
>>31691818
i’m op :((
>>
>>31691872
really? They gave you antipsychotics just for depression? I've been prescribed pretty much every antipsychotic, but I'm also BP1 and they think I'm schizo as well. They should definitely not put people on these who just have depression. Good luck.
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.