[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (83 KB, 458x501)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
What's a good hobby that's inexpensive, fun, and allows you to socialize with others? Been trying things one by one. Finally got the free time.
>>
>>31689381

Martial Arts is your best bet, impossible to not make friends, try BJJ, you get to have some nice Femdom face sitting sessions also with hot teens
>>
>>31689552
Is BJJ that good? Tried it for a few months and made a few friends, but didn't like the mounting aspect with groups of sweaty dudes.
As for girls, maybe it was just my gym, but all the chicks were husky and lesbian. The decent-looking ones were there with their husband/bf already. I'm better off just sticking with dating apps in that regard.
>>
>>31689615

Hey again, BJJ is a nice meme sport, but it’s only applicable in the real world of you actually get someone on the ground

Muay Thai is a much better option if you want a real world practical Marital Art, that you could actually use in self defence
>>
>>31689381
Gotta adjust your costs on creative projects and cooking. They're way too low.
>>
>>31689669

Muay Thai is very kino if you find a traditional gym, lots of rituals, meditation, team spirit shit

Very practical in a real world fight.

BJJ is more so a meme art, only good if the person is actually already on the floor lmao, and most fights don’t start on the floor kek
>>
>>31689676
>creative projects
I mainly make memes for a crypto project I'm involved and I'll produce music off Ableton, which usually costs me nothing to do. Ableton is cheap enough it's a few bucks per session at best.
What would you adjust your costs to?

>Cooking
I meal prep when cooking, so I factor that in. $20 tops for even the best steak, ingredients.
>>
File: dothedorohedoro.gif (46 KB, 100x155)
46 KB
46 KB GIF
The two hobbies that have been the best to me in terms of socializing are BJJ and Dungeons and Dragons. BJJ can be kind of expensive, but if you go frequently enough, it becomes well worth the price. I've made many friends and networked a lot through BJJ and you can always find a gym to train at for a day if you're traveling. I don't really think of it as a martial art though, I think of it more as a fun sport.

Dungeons and Dragons can be totally free and, if you're fun to play with, there's always a group you can join. I've made some really good friends and even a girlfriend through DND. In fact, I wouldn't have started BJJ if it weren't for one of my DND party members. DND's only downside is that it can be full of spergs, so you'll have to get good at navigating which groups you actually want to play with.
>>
>>31689791
Heard a lot of good things but DND. What's the appeal? Might give it a try. I just don't like being around spergs. In all honesty, I like being alone, or I like working with guys on a project (business/creative idea), or I like being with attractive girls.
>>
>>31689381
What you want usually involves working
Social jobs are not just free but also pay, perfect for you.
You can also volunteer for anything, go pick up some trash with nutty green girls.
Educational stuff is often free, lectures and stuff
You might find meetup groups then meet with them

There’s lots of stuff happening by interests if you dig enough, it’s there you just don’t see it
>>
>>31689381
Stop spamming this.
>>
>>31689881
Probably true. Most of my time besides my job is marketing for an investment I'm involved with. I have a big group of people I talk with to come up with ideas and it's pretty creative and fulfilling. If I got rich, I'd probably create my own game/movie studio to hire people to work with me.

>social jobs
Yep, I like the above idea. Idk if I'd waste time as a barista or whatever though.

>You can also volunteer for anything, go pick up some trash with nutty green girls.
good idea, will try it.

>Educational stuff is often free, lectures and stuff
Yeah, seems joining a class is sometimes pretty good for making friends and still feeling productive. Art classes seem pretty good.
>>
>>31689832
>What's the appeal?
you get to roleplay and there is usually creative problem solving involved in a low-stakes environment.
>>
>>31689679
>>BJJ is more so a meme art, only good if the person is actually already on the floor
Not super true anymore, BJJ practictioners largely agreed with you, shifted the art heavily towards nogi, and turned it into wrestling with submissions, which is great for fights
>>
Bump
>>
>>31689726
Where do you live? The "best" steak is going to be basically $20 a pound on it's own for me.
>>
>>31689381
Knitting clothes for the winter, decorating water buoys, and beach-combing.
These don't sound good to you? Then provide more information about yourself, your interests, your location, what you've tried, etc.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.