[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: anon.jpg (28 KB, 600x600)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
My girlfriend and I recently had a fight that resulted in me deciding that we will not work as a couple. I've thought about it over the last 3 days and decided to break up with her today. Here's the issue, we both still love each other and I can tell she wants to work through this and stay together. We agreed to meet up and talk about the other night today. What I need help with is deciding if I should let her say her piece about the fight and moving past it THEN break things off, or should I just tell her it's over before hearing her out? What do you think, anon?
>>
>>31689698
If you have DECIDED, then you should tell her at the very beginning of the conversation that you actually want to break things off. Otherwise, you only risk her breaking down your resolve. But that's only if you have DECIDED that you will break up.
>>
>>31689698
If you're certain you want to break up, tell her NOW. Don't waste her time by making her attend a meeting you already know is pointless.
>>
>>31689698
Break it off first, let her say her piece after if she feels the need to
The most important ot part is what will come after. If you really have decided this isn't what you want, then you need to go no contact and not take her back. Women HATE being dumped, they will cling and cry and convince you to take them back eventually. The relationship will then chug along, possibly for years more, until it inevitably fails because you're not compatible which the first breakup proved except she'll dump you.
This has happened to me twice. Break up any way you like, but if you're done, BE done.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.