[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721336712563026.gif (846 KB, 500x717)
846 KB
846 KB GIF
so in my friend group one of my friends is extremely depressed, he always talks about how he talks about he feels left alone and a pain in the ass in the group, me and my friends care for him and we always invite him to everything, even though he always stays quiet and he is very aggressive to anyone who wants to help, but im starting to realize that he is growing up to have extremely toxic behaviors, im always nice to him but recently he pretty much pissed me off today, one of my friends invited me to hang out with other friends and we had a great night, but the day after he started being an asshole to me because he ''once again wasn't invited'' even though this friend invited only me in the group and he was clearly not the only one excluded that night. so for the first time i got angry with him and said that friends are free to meet each other individually and we do not need to do everything together. i don't know what to do, he talks about suicide many times but at the same time he is being an asshole to me and my friends and when we tried to help him he never tries to do anything and just tell us how much he is doomed and he can't do anything, i know this is how depression works but i feel like he doesn't listen to us at all.
>>
>>31689820
just let him go.
>>
>>31689875
i can't. i've dealt already in my life with toxic friends, i just let them go and im cool, but this guy is autistic, overweight and alone in a shitty town with absolutely nothing on it, he needs help i can't just let him go.
>>
>>31689895
why hold onto him? He obviously doesn't care about you
>>
>>31689929
I'm scared he is going to kill himself. i don't want him to do it, i believe he can still change
>>
>>31689820
>>31689895
oh my god I exactly know this type of personality
the type that actually unironically sighes. Imma be real with you bro, he's attention seeking by abusing his depressed feelings and by enabling him you're allowing him to make 'depression' his actual personality. Have a talk about how he's a massive faggot and should be less of a nuisance and actually try to be social for once in his goddamn life.
I had a friend like this too and in the end I've cut him out because it was just downright toxic. His behavior wouldn't improve no matter how much love you give him which is a telltale sign that he actually thinks his unhealthy negative behaviours are part of him. You'll burn out on this and one day you'll realise he hasn't changed because he doesn't want to change. He wants to be the negative faggot. He wants to be that way. I'm telling you now from what I've learned from my experience. Cut your losses, have fun with your fun friends. He's not worth it unless he chooses to change himself.
>>
>>31689820
>>31689895
Who cares man, you're not his fucking mom. Also in my experience people who talk on and on and on about suicide are never actually gonna commit suicide. People who really want to commit suicide just do it. The ones that talk about it a lot and do nothing, predictably only want to talk about suicide. They don't want to do it.
Anyway, if you are extra generous you can tell him to clean up his act, but it's unlikely that he'll fucking listen to you at this point if he's already being such a piece of shit.
>>
>>31690125
That's the thing, he tries his best to avoid any serious fucking conversation, i've told him many times that he could express everything to me, but all he does is type to me how much he fucking hates life
>>
>>31690165
yeah because he's immature and doesn't want to change himself. There's no other reason to avoid discussing it except some malicious thinking pattern. He's unwilling, not unable.
You can't change him. Make it clear to him that he's his biggest problem and slowly distance yourself. Make clear he's making bad choices so it's on him whether to choose to change or stay as he is. Stop acting like his mother, you've got the energy now maybe because you sound like me when I was younger. Later once you get older, and you realise you've invested far too much time into this kind of person because he's actually played you and you enabled his behaviour, you'll become easily tired of this type of personality.
Maybe he doesn't even fully know it himself, but he's playing you. You're enabling him. He's psychologically addicted to being negative because he's unwilling to make substantial improvements to his life. Being unwilling to discuss his issues or deeper feelings is a clear sign that he knows somewhere that what he's doing is wrong but is unwilling to actually engage himself in order to understand and change his behaviour.
You cannot do this for him. Only he can. That is why I'm suggesting you distance yourself from him and have fun with your fun friends.
I'm not saying abandon him. But he must change in order for him to improve and for you to have fun with him again. If he doesn't, it is and should be on himself.
You feeling guilty is exactly his manipulation that he does willingly albeit possibly not consciously. But in the end it's what he does and it's making you guys not have fun. You're only young once. Enjoy it bud. It's over sooner than you think.
>>
>>31690709
yeah, im getting pretty fucking tired of this dude honestly, thanks anon, i was looking at old messages and they are just depressing as shit, im literally telling him over and over again how he is not doomed, and this guy just keeps saying that his life is shit and he can do nothing about it, he doesn't even read my messages, he only reads the one where i tell him if he is doing fine just so he can get mad at me, fuck him. thanks everyone, i didn't know this type of person was this common

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.