[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I used to do animations and play games on YouTube, got about 8k subs in a year but I haven't uploaded in 2 years. I'm willing to try anything, I have good audio equipment and editing skills. What would you watch videos about? Please no troll suggestions.
>>
>>31689886
If you're actually wanting to monetise it, sell your soul and make that content farm kids content

Otherwise literally just make whatever you enjoy and/or whatever can cultivate any potential skills that you want (i.e. upload yourself playing guitar if that's something you wanna get into

Source: Been a 'tuber since 2016, 1.8k subs, literally just make stuff I find funny at the time
>>
we need more context, tell us about what games you play, whether you’re child friendly, any sponsors, etc
>>
>>31689985
Nah, I didn't have any sponsors. I mostly played Pokemon and retro games. I was thinking of maybe getting into video essays but it seems to be really saturated nowadays.
>>31689975
Well I want to monetize it, but I also don't want to make elsagate stuff.
>>
>>31690014
well then some other options would be:
1. A.I. sloppa (reddit minecraft parkour, etc)
2. Be the best in a specific niche, i.e. if you wanted to make videos about history, throw everything into making them as broad appealing as possible, normie humour, etc, try and balance quality and quantity so you can upload somewhat regularly
3. look out for the next big childrens game ala (allah? not capitalised because fake) FNAF, Poppy Playtime, (Kinder ((egg?)) )Garten of BanBan (EPIC ALERT FUNDAYS INBOUND WOOHOOHOO)

that's all i could think of for now, besides being lucky of course.

ESTABLISH ALIEN CANDLE ICON MODEL GLOBE HAT BOOK GOBLET CABLE PAD CARD INHALER
>>
OP do Lolcow Live animations (meaning do animations of Boogie and/or Wings.) You can literally use their audio so no need to record any audio of your own. Lolcow Live was the #1 YouTube podcast in views so you're guaranteed to get clicks as long as you put Boogie/Wings in the title. Even a 30 sec animation could go viral. See that one dude who animated "Boogie fails a job interview" lol
>>
>>31690993
ya parasite clips of actually successful people that aren't litigious is a huge avenue

people make thousands off reuploaded hasan piker, sam hyde and nick rochfort, cum town, chapo traphouse content because they don't c&d or sue

do some shitty custom animations or edit clip compilations of someone more successful and you'll get numbers
>>
>>31689886
unfortunately your content wont get seen by hardly anyone because it's a tiny channel with a very irregular upload schedule and there are just so many other people to compete against
>>
Retard above me should get lynched

Watch literally every mrbeast podcast you can find and absorb his mind like a sponge
He's a turbo autist who completely dominated and pillaged the youtube landscape if you wanna know how to make it learn it from the best not from 4chan dwellers
Generally speaking his type of content is the best to monetize as well but if you dont wanna do irl shit he's still the absolutely best person to learn from and no one comes even close
>>
>>31691945
Mr Beast also got in early. Do you have any idea just how many wannabe Mr Beast clones there are on YouTube? Your advice is shit.
>>
I love the advice here.
I have a similar channel of just whatever I feel like making.
https://youtube.com/@platiko?si=6ioijPr3CFso0AAh

I’d really appreciate some advice for any ideas or how I can grow.
>>
>>31691989
MrBeast explains comprehensively how the algorithm works and how to make people not click off
Basically what works
Yes MrBeast got in early. He also released a Squid Game video at the peak of the pandemic and when a lot of people were searching Squid Game on YouTube, and his video would perform well with those results.
Maybe OP uploaded late, but if a lot of people are searching on YouTube "Trump Assassination Attempt" or "Joe Biden not seeking Reelection" he could make a video on those topics and get some new Subscribers
>>
>>31691996
Your channel looks like it was made by a 13 year old. How far off the mark am I?
>>
>>31691989
I didn't tell him to create perfect replikas of his videos like his clones are doing but to learn from him
Every single popular channel takes inspiration from him in some degree and his methods of grabbing attention and keeping retention are flawless and applyable to every genre without being a 1 to 1 copy
Also even if he were a perfect copy he'd make enough to live off it just like all of his clones lmao
>>
>>31692001
>He also released a Squid Game video at the peak of the pandemic and when a lot of people were searching Squid Game on YouTube, and his video would perform well with those results.
So did tens of thousands of other people. He was already huge. People already know how to game the algorithm. The problem is when everybody knows it then that knowledge doesn't benefit anyone more than anyone else (ie you can't get an advantage over others).
>>
>>31692011
>just like all of his clones lmao
You mean the ones with less than 100 views per video? I think you vastly misunderestimate just how many people think they can be the next Mr Beast by aping him.
Maybe you're familiar with Twitch. The first couple of pages show streamers with an audience of 100+ but after that you've hundreds of pages of people just streaming to themselves. They all think they can be the next Ninja, but there are just so many of them and it's highly unlikely a single one will ever get anywhere. You'll never hear of all of them, just like you'll never hear of all the Mr Beast clones because their videos get lost in a vast ocean of millions of other people trying to do the same thing.
>>
>>31692022
Show me a channel making videos on the quality level as mrbeast for a consistent period of time with less than 100 views a video and i will believe you
This is out of touch with reality boomer cope
>>
>>31692027
It's impossible for most people to make videos on the same level as him because most people don't have that kind of money to throw on making videos. Even he had to start out much smaller. But there was less competition then and YT wasn't so heavily monetized. Now newcomers have to compete with people that have been doing this 10+ years already and have a shitload of money to work with. See the problem?
>>
>>31692036
Obviously you're not gonna find random millionaires starting a youtube channel of his degree but I'm talking retention etc.
You will literally NOT find anyone who is making good videos consistently who is not popular, this applies to almost everything in life

Yes you would have a way harder time nowadays because youtube used to be an empty landscape back then, but you will be atleast be able to live off it and OP does not plan to overtake mrbeast anytime soon I'm guessing

I've been an addicted consumer for a long time now and have watched a huge amount of small channels, I have literally not once found someone consistently posting where I thought to myself "He does not deserve this little views at all", the only cases I have seen that in are people who post once every few years or who just started out

Go on a subreddit of youtube creators and watch the channels of some failed youtubers, literally try to find ONE guy you would actually watch in your free time lmao
>>
>>31692059
Shitty grammar cuz i just woke up but you get the point
>>
>>31689886
https://youtu.be/FV_luUZLKCI?feature=shared

Shit like this op

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.