[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What are the real downsides of becoming a real Christian monk? Let's say you're fed up with life, feeling like you're behind everyone, not well socialized, a general disappointment and depressed about the future, no gf, few friends and no desire for children in this gay world. Why would a person like that not become a real monk? Wasn't the monastery the original place for young sexless men to mature and live?
>>
if this is for religious purposes then i can understand, but if you’re doing this to distance yourself it’s not the solution. do something to fix yourself. work out and get a gym membership. fix your sleep schedule. improve your social skills little by little. study the topics that interest you and gain a profound understanding of the world.
>>
>>31690024
I appreciate the reply.
My nervous system is wack. It's difficult to not be overwhelmed by living. I want to regress to simpler living but i know there's always hope for improvement. It sucks that the social support nowadays is so much worse than 50+ years ago.
>>
>>31689996
it depends the lifestyle you want to live

for monk you need an actual calling, say you the qualities, and virtues to live this life until death. Means living with other men in enclosed buildings, early wake, tons prayer, chores, more prayer, communal living. Celibacy, poverty, obedience.

It would be foolish to go into this lifestyle knowing you are not for it, or will even try. If you’re fed up with life, make something of it. As man take your ideals and drive with that. If you want family, make one. If not then no. But make something of yourself and for your sake. Get fit. Travel. Go out and connect with people. There’s plenty to live for. Find what brings you life and live
>>
>>31689996
How old are you?
>>
>>31689996
>Why would a person like that not become a real monk?
Because none of those reasons are "I want to dedicate my life to the worship of a deity". Good fucking luck trying to live an austere monastic life if you don't even care about god.
>>
>>31689996
>Let's say you're fed up with life
You are not monk material, monks become monk to fulfill a calling, because they something on monk life not because they are tired and unable to handle mundane life.
>>
>>31690024
People have been giving this same shitty advice here since forever. These aren’t the solutions. I’ve been doing all these things and I’m still like OP. We aren’t the problem, the world is. America is ruined. Feminism ruined our women and boomers ruined our future.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.