[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 683501.jpg (2.26 MB, 2400x1800)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
I dont know how to help him or what to do.
me and him have been friends for like 7 years now.
since I know him, he has been struggling a lot with being productive. always had low energy. and he is not satisfied with life, he feels very frustrated by himself.
he started a degree 5 years ago and never passed a single course, and he doesnt even try, he just keep dropping out enrolling back again for some reason. he never studies or attempts to take tests. the degree is free for him because he is poor.
for the past couple of years all he does is cooking meals and browsing the internet. wakes up very late, goes to sleep very late.
he doesnt have much of a social life besides me (we video chat, we live in different countries) and a couple more people he sees maybe once a month
he doesnt work because he refuses to get any job that is not interesting to him like working in IT, he had 6 months of software development internship and they choose to not continue with him because he was not productive enough.
he doesnt want to get medical help because he said they always give him Antidepressants and he tried and it doesnt work (he tried like 1-2 variants)
he doesnt seek for therapy because the last therapist he had didnt work and the rest are too expensive
doesnt go on trips or refusing basically any activity that involves money and that makes him even less social.

i really feel like one day he would do something to himself or sink to even deeper depression.
how can I help him? each time I try to have a conversation about it it always goes into dead-end declining every idea i suggest.
>>
>>31690015
You can't help people who won't move, like you're trying to animate a meat puppet. Leave him be, to sink a bit further until the pain is great enough to prompt him to reach out, if he ever does. This isn't within your control, so get on with your own life.
>>
>>31690332
We talk everyday and sometimes he exprsses suicidal thoughts. How can I deal with it? It affects me too.
>>
>>31690332
I agree with this Anon. You can be there for him when he wants to actively try to improve things and suggest ways for him to better himself but if he's not willing to put in effort then there's a point where you have to leave him to it - especially if it's starting to affect you too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.