[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Trip.png (959 KB, 1033x641)
959 KB
959 KB PNG
I've done large amounts of weed and a little Ketamine before, but what are high doses of psychedelics like (eg. Mushrooms, LSD, Mescaline, DMT, Salvia), and is there much difference between them? I have heard of the ego-death, and being someone who is well versed in psychoanalysis and philosophy, I understand these concepts, but are the trips truly monolithically profound? What great secrets about existence and reality can I uncover? If there are any psychonauts here...
>>
>>31690166
They dissolve boundaries and make your subconcious mind bubble up and mix with your conscious mind. Your mind will ascribe meaning into all of the closed eye and open-eye hallucinations, and the meaning will seem profound and mystical and esoteric and all dualistic and shit.

Each person interprets it differently since each person’s mind is different. Not to unlike life itself really. Life is already the biggest trip we go on.

You’ll swear you unlocked pandora’s box and won’t shut up about it for like 6 months to a year, then it gets old cuz all of the knowledge from it is useless if you don’t actually go out and live.
All the ‘secrets’ it has to offer is shit you could have already learned from life.

Helpful for people in mental hell? Sure, maybe. People who are already doing aight? Be careful, one wrong trip and you go to hell. Mentally speaking ofc. And if that happens, don’t panic, you just climb out via life.

Honestly overall it’s only good as a sort of rite of passage for children or immature girls. For kids stuck in the bodies of adults who aint grown yet due to shit in life. At that point, a big bad nightmare trip from hell can turn a boy into a man real quick. Mushroom aint a very patient entity.
>>
>>31690205
>rite of passage for children
Meant to say manchildren, oops. Fuckin autocorrect lol

Yeah never give it to kids. You’d kill their innocence and rob them of childhood that way
>>
>>31690205
>>31690221
I'm in an okay position in life, but I am haunted by the fundamental questions, and how they structure me in this world. Would such mystical experiences be good for me, or would it be traumatic, or should I not be thinking this hard?
>>
>>31690166
>What great secrets about existence and reality can I uncover?
Not a fucking thing. The experience feels profound but that's entirely an illusion.

They're a lot of fun, though.

Mushrooms and LSD are kind of similar. I get bad trips more often with mushrooms, though. DMT has an intense but very brief trip - minutes rather than hours. Salvia is just all round nasty, don't mess with it. Mescaline I haven't tried.
>>
>>31690270
>I'm in an okay position in life, but I am haunted by the fundamental questions, and how they structure me in this world.

Yeah so was I. And it's true, psychedelics are one way to shut a philosopher up. After the experience, you'll find the answer. The answer is:

there's the answer. whatever you interpret literal silence/blankness as, whatever you fill it with will be your choice. That's all.

You realize that all there is to life is to speak what you know, and know what you speak. And experience is the life blood for your mind. And with that you realize everything is just abracadabra. In aramaic it means
>I will create as I speak
That's life. That's something you already done and been doing this entire time. Only you probably weren't aware of how much free will you had that you've either wasted/squandered/misused or outright denied. Some people don't even think free will exists lmao.

Once that door opens, it can't be closed. You never unlearn this. So every word and action you take will have weight. You will wield creative power and destructive power, and it will be in your words, actions. But never your thoughts, never again. Because thinking is useless. Thoughts are worthless. They're farts, dirt in the wind. They're not even you. Psychs tell you "if you think you are your own thoughts, you deserve the hell".

That's all.

All psychedelics does is show you that's what you're doing, like handing you the mirror to see the back of your head.

Some people can't seem to grasp this easily, so they need psychedelics to do it, and if that's what it takes, then okay, that's how it'll go. Just take great care before charting those waters. Unearned wisdom can crush a man.
>>
>>31690880
what the fuck are you babbling about lmao
>>
>>31690958
Unironically, nothing.
>>
>>31690958
Yeah bro was trying a little too hard.
>>31690205
>Be careful, one wrong trip and you go to hell.
You have genuinely not experienced hell on earth until you've had a bad trip. That shit will fuck up your mind for years.
>>
>>31691031
>You have genuinely not experienced hell on earth until you've had a bad trip. That shit will fuck up your mind for years.

Yeah I know. Why else do you think I get this response: >>31690958
>>
>>31691079
>Why else do you think I get this response
Because you were babbling, my friend.
>>
>>31690166
I cant remember the exact video but there's a minecraft video out there that does an effect to textures and everything is still but the textures themselves are moving - that is somewhat similar to the effects.

Also, this video - ignore the meme animations the ending font effects are exactly what you can experience https://youtu.be/rEUxlwb2uFI?t=355
>>
>>31691113
Yeah I was pretty surprised to find out the shit you see when tripping balls is literally just windows media player visualizations.
>>
>>31691142
>literally just windows media player visualizations.
well, that's generally the case with psychedelics like acid and shrooms. dissociatives like DXM and DMT...whole other realm. that shit brings you to the brink of what your senses are capable of.
>>
>>31691096
Lol yes, yes I was. I simply conjured up an answer for OP, he wanted to know about the great secrets. It’s babble, mind babble. If he does psychedelics, it’ll be his mind babble too.

I had done 6grams dried mckennaii shrooms. Made sure it was on an empty stomach, did the silent darkness method, no trip sitter, no music either. Got the nightmare trip from Hell. Life went haywire for a good bit, but overall I don’t regret it.

Some people just want the pretty colors and visuals and don’t delve that deep into them, and that’s fine. Though i’m thinking OP wants to really go down the hole based on his thread.
>>
>>31690166
>is there much difference between them?
nah, that's the biggest bummer about drugs compared to what they taught you as a kid. every drug is either zoning out, feeling slow and trippy and warm, or else speeds you up, you talk a lot, your heart beats really fast. some drugs are combinations of those two things, but once you've gotten high on an upper and a downer there's nothing else that's gonna blow your mind

>Salvia
ok salvias the one exception. it happens really fast, takes you to hell, and then it's done in ten minutes. once you do it once you won't want to ever again though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.