[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Valerio (66).jpg (192 KB, 770x871)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Gonna be starting college soon this fall, and my budget is limited. Let's just say I get somewhere around $2500 a month. I'm thinking of being a rentoid, but would it be smarter to split the rent with a buddy or two in an apartment/house OR just rent out a room from some Landchad's house? I'm feeling more comfortable with the former.
>>
>>31690214
Apartment is a nightmare. Security deposit / expensive/ upkeep / utilities fucking hell. Rent a room by yourself or rent two rooms with your buddy from a landchad. Much easier.
>>
florida one of the worst states for renters

make sure you know absolutely who you are making a deal with because there's all kinds of shit they can endlessly fuck you with now
>>
>>31690214
How old are you? My advice is to live as close to school as possible. The entire complex will be filled with other college students (girls). You will have a lot of fun. If you can room with a friend or two to save rent then definitely do that.

If you are older and going to school then I don't have any advice. But, good for you going to school and trying to make a better life for yourself.
>>
>>31690491
Sorry if I sound a bit naive here, but how exactly could a Landlord try to fuck me over? What are some red flags to look out for on any property?

>>31690547
I'm 26 years old and just got out of the Gavy. The location will be relatively close, and I don't mind even a 30-minute commute to college.
>>
>>31690214
current florida resident - renting for the last 13 years

for youngfags moving to the state, unless you are comfortably employed with a reliable company, dont rent solo. dont try to rent a house. and for the love of god , DONT RENT IN THE CITY.

If you are gonna be smart, rent with someone who is reliable and has solid employment.

Renting a room FROM someone , like a carriage house efficiency, may be a good idea.

While you're here, if you've never gone through hurricane season, make sure you ALWAYS keep you car full and have an emergency can of gas for when we have to flee the fucking state and then try to get back

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.