[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5263.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
I’m in my 30s and I struggle with making meaningful friends. If I meet someone, I can’t tell if they are good and genuine people or bad predators. How people know that for sure? There were many situations in my life when I met people somewhere and they turned out to be bad. For example, when I made friends with my neighbour and she stole stuff from me and ghosted. It wasn’t anything valuable and I moved out from that area but it hurts me that I only meet bad people. It’s like I attract them because I’m a stupid autist.
Any advice anons?
>>
>>31690294
A bit of scepticism is always healthy, but you sort of just have to accept that this needs to be balanced with allowing people into your life, otherwise you'll get nowhere, sorry that that's all I can offer for advice, you sort've just have to have faith that realisitcally most normal people are at least half-decent.
>>
>>31690294
date me and I will tell you who is bad and who is good. I will prove my trustworthiness over time
>>
>>31690294
i have autism. i'm thirty. after losing all of my friends years ago and trying to reintroduce myself back into society recently i've simply come to the conclusion that most of humanity is simply self interested and evil. their idea of good is relative and based around social milieu, rules that exist in implicit dogma. they're all very deeply shallow especially towards people that differ significantly from them, those they could never empathize with, so it's easy to behave in a sociopathic manner towards these people. they justify it as "good" or "acceptable" behavior as they could never imagine themselves in that position, so it's very easy to dehumanize the other.
>>
>>31690294
Friends are all mostly contextual, it takes a long time to form deep and meaningful bonds.

It all starts with doing something that you like that is also social, doesn't matter whatever for me it was video games for you could be any hobby or w/e

when you do that be social and greet other people and talk to them and inquire about them. Worst case scenario is you end up doing something you like anyway.

After you get into social circles and w/e (which can take years) it's just about being the best version of you you can be and caring about other people and it'll all form naturally as long as you keep up the effort on your end, aka messaging them if they want to do something maybe like once a month or w/e.

Don't bother with trying to figure out if peple are good or bad people, just focus intially on hanging around with people that do stuff that you like doing
>>
>Any advice anons?
find a big strong retard normie male to keep you safe. make sure hes not autistic and hes okay confronting other people.

also I don't think you can cure autism, but if you can learn behaviors to mask in public, can you not learn by a book or something how to test people for being good people? can any other autists weigh in on any good resources for this?
>>
>>31690294
I’m someone with cPTSD/adhd combo. When it comes to spotting predatory shit, I can know within less than a minute flat. And no I genuinely don’t like this skill at all. It kills the enjoyment out of life.

So if you do wanna learn it, make it a balance. Don’t go too crazy thinking everyone is out to get you, but don’t be naive either, here’s a big protip for autists of any kind regarding ‘friends’ and especially ‘lovers’

>If they convinced you that you’re the friend in less than just a month?
Danger danger danger.
>A week?
Fucking run
>A day? They tried to be friends in a single day?
Something of yours is about to be taken. Mental, physical or otherwise.

Go slow. Be patient. Sit back and examine people before choosing to run after them for friendships. And if you do find someone, always watch how they react to this word:
>”No.”
>”No thanks”.

If they get angry or try to make you say yes, you’re in a shit relationship, friendship, etc.
>>
>>31690408
Autism is just a sensory processing disorder.
Their social immaturity is something of a side symptom, not directly because of autism, but as a result from being shut-ins due to sensory pain their whole childhood (they didnt learn the important stuff).

It can always be learned and autists can socially function as good as any normie if they practice in safe dynamics.
>>
there's going to be a wire you trip out of necessity one day and that's when they'll use an excuse to mistreat you and not see your perspective. that's when the blame games and lack of accountability really start to show and you see it was all just talk from people that were supposed to be your friends or at least kind. they'll blame you endlessly.
>>
>>31690460
This will happen from time to time yes. Autists mask a lot, they perform as ‘normie’, even with people who already know they got autism.

The autist normie mask begins to be very believable lol. Then the other person forgets they got autism, so when the autist accidentally says something hurtful or tactless, the other person will get mad.

Then from autist PoV they will feel like they are being abused out of nowhere.

Some times it’s no one’s fault. It’s miscommunication. Good couples where someone is autistic know how to laugh at the faux-pas and mistakes as simply that, a mistake. An invisible communication barrier fucky wucky
>>
>>31690481
imagine having your entire life ruined over it though and you cant even talk to a therapist about it because they also blame you for it for seemingly arbitrary reasons telling you "you dont deserve an apology" as they stalk and harass you. And then i'm supposed to continually attempt to try to make more friends yet i cant as i cant really connect with people anymore, this because not everyone is like that... yet these were just normal people. it's horrifying.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.