[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: B_F_deadpoets.png (1.66 MB, 960x960)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
Me and my girl best friend had a thing for a while, slept together etc. Never went into a relationship cause she says she wasn't ready and recently announced she didn't have feelings for me anymore. I said aight and just tried to move on, though we still talk it's not as much as it used to be. I know she is seeing some gigachad now on the side and I mentioned one day I am talking to someone also. She starts spamming me with questions like "what does she look like", "where'd you meet", "is she funny" and then gets really closed off and seemingly upset over what I said.
I don't fucking get it, she was the one who ended things between us... why is she acting jealous? Shouldn't she be happy I am still around and have moved on so we can be friends?
>>
>>31690902
just keep playing it cool. if anything I would never even be the one to initiate contact with her first. let her come to you. If she finally decides to commit to you thats great. if not you have other women to spend your energy and time on that dont play games with you.
>>
>>31690913
do you think she is feeling jealousy cause she still has lingering feelings for me or cause she will not be the centre of attention? she keeps saying to me things like "you are the best guy in my life"
>>
>>31690920
>cause she still has lingering feelings for me
yes this is obviously the case. you became more attractive by showing yourself as a man with options who doesnt need her to live your life or be happy romantically. if she didnt care she would be happy for you
>>
Because you're still a potential partner to her, which she might not actually care all that much about, but seeing you with somebody else means that said potential is now lost (even if it's only temporary)—which is still a door closing on her, even if she never had any plans on using it. And people typically feel melancholic when a door closes on them, even when there's nothing on the other side that they wanted.

Losing an opportunity of any kind can still feel like a punch in the gut, but this is usually more of reaction to the loss of that opportunity, rather than the opportunity itself.
>>
>>31690947
I don't get it though. I've seen her new man. He's 6'5 and a fucking model. I am a 5'7 autistic manlet. Why would she give a shit? Is he just retarded or something?
>>
>>31690947
It's weird cause I basically said we have been on like 1 date. It's hardly anything of substance. She completely lost her shit. I'd understand more if I said we were madly in love or something
>>
>>31690967
attraction is mental. for woman the care more about the mental connection quicker than men, but it happens sooner or later. youre probably smarter and more emotionally caring
>>
>>31690974
so you think she just thinks he's hotter but probably knows that i am a better "match"? i am not taking her back or begging for it, i just really hate that she threw what we hade away cause it was pretty great.
>>
>>31690982
honestly you should probably go no contact with her. she has you as plan B and youre okay with it because youre in your feelings. once you start giving yourself some respect you will see where you really stand with her. dont cuck and reach out in two weeks. prepare for the long haul. if she wants you, you will know.
>>
>>31690902
>men and women can't be friends: exhibit A
>>
>>31691001
i did for a couple weeks after she said she didnt have feelings. called me crying saying she hadn't stopped thinking about me etc etc. rough.
if i was just 4 inches taller she would probably still be with me lol
>>
>>31690902
>why is she acting jealous
She had you slotted in to the "support me and tyrone's bastard" role.
>>
>>31691019
why did she sleep with me in the first place, a ploy to get me attached?
>>
>>31690967
>>31690970
It's not a logical thing (attraction rarely is). People are insecure about not having partners readily available to them (see: this fucking board), and are prone to overreacting when it seems like that this could be threatened, even when they have everything they need.

Your involvement with somebody else is just scratching an insecurity in her, and that's all she's really reacting to. It barely has anything to do with you or her new man.
>>
>>31691024
validation
a ploy to get you attached
practicing her sluttiness
boredom
etc
>>
>>31691001
this, whatever she says, you shouldn't give her another chance, she'll always be pulling this shit
forget about her and move on, it will drive her mad I guarantee it
>>
>>31691001
>He's 6'5 and a fucking model. I am a 5'7 autistic manlet.
>if she wants you, you will know.
But but why are we even having this discussion? The doctrine on this board is that it is impossible that OP not only has a chance with this woman but slept with her.
>>
>>31691136
lol she was the one who chased me. always found her hot but assumed she didnt like me so never made a move. one day she just grabbed me and kissed me and said she was tired of waiting
>>
>>31690902
She wants you hooked on her, don't fall for it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.