[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lecook.png (128 KB, 783x711)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
I need a hobby thatll help me impress the ladies. I dont really know why but being able to cook is a huge plus to women for some reason. I work out a lot so itll be a useful skill for meal prep too. How do I go about acquiring this skill?
>>
>>31691175
Ethan Chlebowski for experts, Adam Raguesa's early content for noobs. It's good to look around and learn from different schools and time periods and places though.
>>
part 2: Project Zomboid taught me cooking is one of the few skills you can learn by watching tv, but watch people who talk about the food, not just make meme videos about food from movies or tv shows without explaining every step.
>>
saute an onion in butter on a cast iron skillet. add some awesome ingredients. bam, you know more about cooking than most of your competitors. extrapolate this and do some variation with guidance from recipes. farmer's breakfast? saute the onion, a bell pepper, some potatoes maybe, and pork sausage. whisk a few eggs together, pour it on, and scramble until done. add cheese. just do that over and over, then start to branch out to soup, adding broth to a pot with cheap cuts of beef. experiment. get messy. you'll be cooking in no time.
>>
>>31691212
i might make a farmer's breakfast this week with smoothies
>>
>>31691175
Watch YouTube
But don't get over ambitious
Learn to cook your favorite things to eat first
Don't try making sauces or fancy shit like meringues until you know the basics
>>
>>31691175
for weight control i recommend carmelizing like six onions, mixing it with beans and an entire thing of garlic, and just adding like a little meat to it. if you jar this it will actually taste better over time too as it marinates in he fridge, then you can bake or boil a potatoes and mix the together for easy meals whenever. just don't let it stay in the fridge for more than a week i think but adding a lot of salt and olive oil probably makes it last a bit better.
>>
cooking is insanely easy is not like math or programming. just watch the YouTube and do what they do and over half the time it turns out right
>>
>>31691314
seconding this. cooking has relatively large margins of error compared to say carpentry. unless you're baking, amounts don't need to be exact, temps can be in a 30 degree F range, and the worst that can happen is you burn your house down.
>>
>>31691175
Old video but still the best take, if your mindset's right, cooking becomes really fucking easy
https://youtu.be/Vp8vd4X3IGg?si=LwnaX0IYnd-H1sLY

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.