[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

A long time ago I made a thread showing my gross scarred bald head from chemo, and at my last appointment they found no traces of the tumour anywhere.

I don’t want to get my hopes up, and I’m struggling with a little bit of suicidal ideation because I was convinced for five years sooner or later I would have to.

I was ready to die and over the last year things just improved.

I can’t seem to get back to being excited to live. I felt nothing every time I got good news.

My family is ecstatic and had a party but I sat in the corner drunk and close mouthed the entire time.

Im still scared, and hopeless how do I change it? They saved me but I don’t feel saved.
>>
>>31691455
If nothing else just give yourself a minute.
Much like a guy that got the crap kicked out of him, just because you're no longer actively getting beat down doesn't mean you're ready to immediately jump up 100%
It's cool to just lay and say "well that was fucked" for awhile, you've got time now
For what it's worth I'm really glad to hear your news anon
>>
>>31691455
Congrats anon. I can't help you with the emotional side but if the cancer comes back look into metabolic therapy by Thomas Seyfried its carnivore/keto for cancer. I heard great things about that in terms of fighting cancer. Maybe this could also improve your depressive thoughts idk. Try some vitamins too.
>>
>>31691508
Its probably a simple reason. I hated my life before all this in retrospect.

Now its just different and easier, but I still hate it.

I got sort of angry easily over the past five years and confrontational. I lost all the friends I had five years ago because I made no effort to see them.
>>
>>31691594
Made no effort to see them after being rude that is.

For example if someone would walk too slow or ask a question I thought was pointless I would shut down and “See how retarded that is?” Etc.

I can’t really blame it on the cancer, im no victim. I was in a regular state of derealization and lashed out because I was in fight or flight mode all the time.

I wish they would have been more understanding, and also that I could have just stayed silent.
>>
>>31691455
How about an actual voice instead of soulless text https://voca.ro/1ghFh7iWRaCw
>>
>>31691714
NTA but i like your voice. Its very calming
>>
>>31691933
>>
>>31691714
Thanks bro. I don’t have speakers just headphones so it sounded like you were whispering in my ear for four minutes.

Unsettling experience due to large headphones but I appreciate it kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.