[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: E7bEyTyWYAAseuh.jpg (48 KB, 770x600)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
This is a serious question. I've been waging for a few months and I have received paychecks digitally but I don't know how to transfer them to my bank account. I suck at administrative shit and my parents never bothered preparing me for adulthood so I have no clue what I'm doing here. How do I access my pay?
>>
>>31691681
You've been working for MONTHS without actually getting the money?
>>
>>31691703
Indeed. I've told my mom but she's downright neglectful towards my struggles.
>>
>>31691721
Are you an adult?
>>
>>31691775
Yes, I'm 19.
>>
>>31691795
Okay, you can legally take care of your finances by yourself. You no longer need your mom's permission for anything to do with money. If the banks previously required her signature or authorization for things, that will no longer be the case. If she has access to your accounts, you can tell the bank to stop that access.
As for how to specifically get paid, you're clearly in a different country to me and I can't advise specifically. If searching online doesn't get you the info you need, just ask someone at work (or call the payroll office if it's offsite) about how to deal with paychecks and getting the money. Say it's you first job and you don't know how it all works. We've all got to learn at some point.
>>
>>31691681
I had a similar issue, especially with my parent not knowing how shit worked. My college uses BankMobile and they want you to sign up for shit just to receive money.
Go to your local bank branch and ask. Take the afternoon.
Petition physical checks, and use the mobile app for your bank to scan it. Easy deposit.
>>
>>31691681
This is something payroll or your bank can help with.
Don't be embarrassed to ask for help. If you ask a stupid question, you'll look stupid for a second. If you don't, you'll BE stupid forever.

But this wasn't the right place to come (unless you needed us to tell you where to go). But you definitely need to talk to your financial institution and/or payroll.
>>
>>31691802
I live in the US in case you were wondering. I don't know if you're familiar with the Workday app but it's what I use to view my checks. Problem is I'm unsure how to set up direct deposit.
>>
>>31691851
It is wild to me zoomers seem to have entirely forgotten about Google.
Look, even with a typo in the search bar.
>>
>>31691851
Yeah, I'm not in the US. The way we get paid here is completely different. As I said, search online for help and if you can't find it, ask people at work or call the office that's responsible for paying wages.
>>
>>31691681
Anon this is one of those situations where you need to man up and ask someone irl that can help you.

Ask your manager who will ask the accounting people.

Or ask your bank.

You need to not sit on your hands, and find someone that can help you. Or just google it wtf. Problem. Solving. Skills. Please try harder.
>>
>>31691867
>>31691918

Google will only get me so far. There's a bunch of bullshit on the app that I have to sort through and none of the douchebags in my life want to help me.
>>
>>31691943
Many boomer parents are either fucking morons or technology has simply passed them by.

Contact the Payroll department at your company.
>>
>>31691943
Anon, take some responsibility. Look:
>>31691802
>ask someone at work (or call the payroll office if it's offsite) about how to deal with paychecks and getting the money
>>31691917
>ask people at work or call the office that's responsible for paying wages
>>31691951
>Contact the Payroll department at your company.
>>
>>31691943
You have been given so much advice here and you're shunting all of it.
What's the real problem here? Seems You want to click a button and it's done. That's not how it works. You have to work through a process.
>>
>>31692032
That makes sense. I'll call the payroll department tomorrow and figure it out from there. Just wish my parents nurtured me into becoming a regular functioning adult. Having to learn everything on my own sucks dick.
>>
File: catjak.jpg (76 KB, 645x1250)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Holy shit how are people like this?

Like I'm considered pretty "manchild" for a millennial but the idea of having money that's owed me and not figuring out how to get it because I feel like I'm entitled to help is... just beyond comprehension
>>
>>31692035
No, anon. Don't blame your parents. There are some things you have to figure out yourself, and this is one of them. Do you think your parents ever had to use an app to get paid?

Let me put this to you, anon. Although you're an adult now, the learning does not stop. You've gone through school and learned a lot of the child-level basic stuff. But as an adult there is still so much to learn. Learning doesn't stop when you leave school.
I would strongly advise you to stop blaming your parents because you don't know things. Instead, try to encourage yourself to be more curious about things and ask questions. That really is the best way to learn about stuff: ask. No one expects a 19-year-old or even a 20-something year old to know everything about being an adult. Hell, I'm in my 30s and I still ask basic questions about things that I've never had to encounter before in my life.

One final thing: when you're a kid, it's everyone else's responsibility to teach you. Parents, teachers, basically all of society. When you become an adult, it is YOUR responsibility to teach yourself. It's a huge paradigm shift that a lot of people aren't ready for. In your case, you're putting blame on your parents as a way to cope with it. It's understandable. But now it's time to take responsibility for yourself. Ask questions and learn.
>>
>>31692043
Except I AM entitled to help from my mom and dad, dumbass. It's literally their one fucking duty as parents to help me become a productive member of society. If you aren't going to teach your offspring how to be productive then don't fuck and reproduce. This shit is just as ridiculous to me as it is to you.
>>
>>31692035
Look, I get it, my parents had their own shortfalls and left a mess I had to clean up in my 20s, but that's everyone. Some way some how, people miss memos. You're an adult now. Might take a bit, but you have to learn what you missed. The good news is you can. You're not doomed. But crying "my parents didn't.." isn't fixing anything.
>>
>>31692053
And yet here you are. That's the point. Should they? Yes. Did they? No. Are they going to? Probably no. Full circle, you gotta help yourself now.
>>
I'm from the UK and usually you give your bank account details when you get the job and they send you the money each month when you get the digital paycheck. Reckon you should talk to HR about arranging them actually paying you
>>
>>31692035
Parents are people. Humans. They primarily have their own life, and they are not usually at 100% parent ability. In fact, assume a regular human, with all his faults, has only like a 50% ability to be a good parent.
There will be gaps.
>>
>>31692053
Yeah but once you get to a certain age you're responsible for yourself. I don't care if you parents taught you or not, it's your job now to teach yourself. My parents didn't teach me shit either and it kept me back forever. Ironically, it would have kept me back far less long if I just had accepted the fact, moved on and started teaching myself the things I was lacking.

You're your own man, and unless you act like it you'll always remain a little boy and nobody will take you seriously.
If you can't accept this, even though you know it's true on a logical level, look into why - what are you getting out of holding yourself back?
>>
>>31691943
>none of the douchebags in my life want to help me.
you're in for a rude awakening. especially if you're supposed to be a man and not a woman. get your shit together. both my parents neglected me and as a result i grew up being extremely fucking useless, borderline retarded. do not expect help from anybody. help yourself. and then do what your parents were unable to do, help others.

19 is young. dont make yourself regret it by wasting further time. take initiative. have a desire to be on top of any situation
>>
>>31691681
>I have received paychecks digitally
But where?
Usually the company ask you for your bank account code (dont know the name im no american) and they will transer that there.

Ask them
>>
>>31692696
cont.
Is not something that you can just "google", ask your company/boss/office whatever. You will not look silly, actually the total opposite. If you let your mom handle it by letting her talk to your boss and bank you will only look more immature.
Go and be stupid, you are 19, people will respect that trust me.
>>
>>31692053
I HIGHLY suggest you cut the “woe is me why didn’t anybody help me” attitude. while there is merit to what you’re saying, you need to get a grip and commit to making your own way instead of bawwing about what wasn’t done for you. >>31692678
op it sounds like we’re arguing with you but us old fags are giving you the finest advice this side of 4chan.
>>
>>31691681
Can't you just send these pics to your bank or whatever and they auto put it into your bank

t. idk either I've never even been paid bfore
>>
>>31693085
If he has PNC bank mobile app you can go into the deposit section and take a photo of the checks.
>>
>>31693087
except those are photos of physical checks. His checks are digitally sent to him
>>
>>31691775
Clearly he isn't, whatever his calendar age.
>>
>>31691943
>none of the douchebags in my life want to help me
Once you hit 18 nobody else has any responsibility towards you, you are on your own. So stop being a fucking child and start adulting, dumbass.
>>
>>31691681
>zoomie doesn't know how to set up direct deposit
fucking GRIM lmao
>>
Hey all, OP here. Just wanted to say I made a few phone calls and got everything sorted out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.