[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just graduated high-school recently, I was dead set on nursing but working as a nursing assistant hit me like a brick. I don't wanna wipe ass and get abused like that. I'm now unsure of what I wanna do and am anxious for my future. I've been looking at being an x-ray technologist and that doesn't seem too bad. Also been looking at IT, I know the tech field is saturated but it doesn't seem too crazy and going to university is something I'd like to experience. (VA would pay for it) Any advice? Just at a crossroads and looking at all my options available.
>>
>>31692211
If you didn't have to pay bills, what would you do and why?
>>
>>31692211
You should go for something that will eventually land you a job. As a rule of the thumb: Anything in MINT (I may add: legal).
There's plenty of medical jobs that don't involve wiping ass. I suggest you get a generic degree as electrical engineering or mechatronics and use that degree to work in medical.
Advantages include: If medical field is saturated in the future you won't have troubles working in any other field. If it's fine, then you can still work in medical.

Generally speaking: Try to get the hardest, most prestigious career you can hope to reach and see where it takes you. If you hit a road block, you can often switch to a bit easier variant.
>>
>>31692211
Are you anything already? You can keep being what you are until you are able to profit from it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.