[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I cashed a cheque that was probably retarded to do, since I never cashed it from 2021. It went through no issue.

I looked up the policy after and my heart sank because they are only valid for 6 months after being written.

I totally panicked but didn’t do anything. I started getting four calls a day from the bank for two weeks and have been hiding from public since the bank is next door and they know me.

Eventually, I got a letter from them and it said “important information inside”

It was just a replacement debit card for my expired one that expired two weeks ago.

All this worry and planning to go on the run over a $30 dollar cheque that didn’t bounce in the first place.

I’m not a coward or anything but I get super nervous when things go wrong with big institutions, around doctors police officers. Banks too I learned recently.

Nothing was wrong all this time and I was shaking profusely when I opened the letter.

I wasn’t really like this a few years ago. I don’t know what changed.
>>
>>31692887
It's anxiety anon, desu I'm similar. I'm paranoid about shit like this, but I also feel like it's served me well, because I'm generally cautious, I've had less issues with this shit than most people my age.
>>
>>31692887
Fear of authority, mommy or daddy yelled at you too much or punished you too hard

> All this worry and planning to go on the run over a $30 dollar cheque
Seek help. Or a cbt workbook
>>
>>31692887
It is your money you worked for, fuck the policy, you didn't cash it in cause you didn't feel like it or cause you may have forgotten you had it. I had a check that I never cashed and didn't even know I had until 4 days before the deadline, I had received it in the mail but never opened the envelope just thinking it was some crap from a job I had quit and just some final papers from that job. Turned out once I opened it when I was throwing shit away and needed to make sure it was something I had to keep or throw away that it was a check I didn't even know about. I think you're good and you probably have nothing to worry about. It is your money, I doubt a policy is going to change that. I doubt you're going to be sent to super max federal prison to be assraped daily just for some measly 300 dollars.
>>
>>31692911
30 not 300. It was in a birthday card.

I also was worried they would call the person who gave it to me and make me look like some lowlife scammer.
>>
>>31692914
So you're stupid, and paranoid. Time for the group home bud.

The 6 month time limit just means the bank isn't obligated to cash the check. Doesn't mean it isn't still a check for $30 that they can cash for you if they feel like it.
>>
>>31692914
30 bucks? You have the card right? Or envelope it came in? I know it is an irrational fear that induces all kinds of mind tricks, but they are not going to send you to max prison with real hardened psychos for 30 fucking bucks. They really aren't. If you were a criminal, the most you'd probably get is a slap on the wrist or some sort of misdemeanor with probation. I'm talking out of my ass, never been in the court system, never been to jail, don't know how this whole shit works but dude, 99.9999 percent chance you're fine. They won't raid your house and waterboard you for 30 bucks your mom or aunt gave to you for youe birthday that you'll spend on a hotdog from 711, a slim jim, a beer, and a subscription to an onlyfans girl. They're not going to monitor your twitch donation activity after you cash your check dude.
>>
>>31692938
How about you hang yourself? Retard is telling me information I researched and told him in the first place.
>>
>>31692940
Its almost like I realized that in the second half of the post.

Im not asking for banking advice. I understand how it works.
>>
>>31692941
>told him in the first place
You clearly didn't understand what the information meant if you got all paranoid dumbass.
>>
>>31693007
Retarded fucking faggot you haven’t offered a single piece of advice. This board isn’t for you.

Why the fuck would it matter if I didn’t know then, it isn’t then now. Now I am aware as I have told you multiple times without your snarky passive aggressive faggot posts.
>>
>>31693036
How often do you actually see people getting advice here lol. You're much more likely to get made fun of for doing something stupid.
>>
>>31693041
Then expect the same when you reply with something stupid.
>>
>>31693036
>whines about how stupid he is on the abuse board
>gets abuse
>whines about getting abuse for being stupid
It would take a heart of stone not to laugh, and I don't have a heart of stone.
>>
>>31693079
What you have is a disorder called autogynaphelia and since theres no advice for you, your just gonna attempt to derail every thread for attention.

You are the trannies getting shit on all the time aren’t you.
>>
File: 1713579168808172.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>31693125
>doubling down on stupid
>>
>>31692887
You are suffering from acute paranoia. Do you smoke cannabis or do cocaine? Are you getting enough sleep?
You know damn well nobody would have given a fuck if it bounced or not, and that if the worst had happened a 30 second call to the person that gave you the cheque would have sorted out the misunderstanding.
The chances of a human having been involved in that whole situation is very very minor. An hour of a teller's time is worth a hell of a lot more than 30 bucks. Your cheque will have been scanned by a machine that instructed another machine to remit you.
>>
>>31692887
Have you ever read the trial by franz kafka? That or seen the movie brazil? Both are horror stories about having your life fucked by a random bureaucratic error. Not sure if it would help to consume media like that, but it is a shared fear - youre not alone
>>
>>31693246
I haven’t touched drugs in ten years. I dabbled in cocaine when I was 14 and it stopped pretty quick.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.