[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do you differentiate between a gut-feeling vs. a trauma/anxiety-induced response?

Met a girl recently which is 10/10 in really all aspects, and who also seems to have good morals and a good heart. Fallen in love badly but I can't shake a feeling that she might be cheating on me.

Too many details to explain but I've been cheated on before and how do I know if it is just me overthinking as a defence mechanism and out of fear vs. a healthy intuition which needs to be investigated? I don't want to confront and ruin a great relationship so far, and besides these underlying thoughts the relationship is really perfect, so I don't really know why I have to overthink it. She constantly affirms the fact that she's in love as well and wants to create a family in the future (she is also hypersexual and extremely horny, which is a good thing for me but also a bad thing as I don't know if she can control it with other men), and her family as well as her extended family is aware of the relationship and that it is very serious so rationally it would be very poor form of her to even think of cheating because of shame, yet I have this strange feeling based on certain comments and behaviours that I can't really explain.

Too good to be true and something is amiss and that my intuition is telling me something, or is it just my past experiences inducing anxiety? Is she just like my past crazy girlfriends or is she really the one person I've been looking for and that I need to stop overthinking? Any other anons been in this predicament?
>>
>>31693051
I think gut is stronger.

Gut = DANGER. ALARM BELLS GOING OFF. brain says VACATE IMMEDIATELY. Like when you’re going down a dark alley and you turn around. Hard to reason with.

Anxiety = worrying, avoidance, fear, rumination. Can be reasoned with.

Trauma = Does it match a previous situation’s circumstances? Are you transposing the old memory onto the new one?

Try to listen to your gut, always. From your post the situation sounds solid. You seem to be able to reason through it and weigh the good against your worries. Nothing id 100% guaranteed but this is the risk we all have to take when we invest our time and love into something.

Wish you the best.
>>
>>31693051
The trick is to always look at her actions. Never listen to a woman's words
>>
>>31693051
You'd really need to give some reasons why you think she's cheating.
>>
>>31693051
>gut-feeling vs. a trauma/anxiety-induced response
Sure that the actual problem is not hallucinatory? Seems an unrealistic story.
>>
>>31693051
Do you have any actual evidence that she's cheating, or are you just going by feelings? Because unless you have some actual evidence, it makes no sense to suspect her.
>>
>>31693051
Just from reading, im going to assume this is trauma induced anxiety. If she is head over heels, like you have described .. its not likely she is cheating or interested in any other party. Does she go around talking about how she misses you and say cute things you do for / with her? Reassurance is huge, but you need to communicate youre feelings as well.
>>
>>31693051
What makes you worry she may be cheating? Does she know you've been cheated on? My bf and I have both been cheated on, and maybe it's just 'cause of that and being an autist, but if he was worrying about me cheating, I'd want him to tell me what was making him feel that way, and what I could do or change to make him feel more secure and trusting.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.