[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718522530356026.png (477 KB, 500x500)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
How are you actually meant to clean behind an earlobe piercing? I fold the ear on itself to get a clear view of the back of the piercing and this also helps me to push the piercing through to give me space between the backpiece of the stud and the ear lobe to get the cotton bud.

However, one issue I have is that I end up turning the piercing while cleaning (since the bud is pushing between the earlobe the backpiece of the stud) - especially when I'm trying to clean the stud itself.

I use a saline spray which feels quite inefficient (most of it ends up on the floor/ my body as it squirts onto the earlobe and then falls down). I'm curious about little saline baths to soak the ear in (which would theoretically cover the space much better and also ensure that crusty bits fall off easily, even on the back of the piercing).

Has anyone used a saline batheing technique for ear piercings, or have advice related to the way I'm cleaning my ear piercings? It's a bit frustrating how vague the advice is everywhere given how awkward it is to clean them.
>>
>>31693204
You could use a Q-tip for a more precise tool. I got my ears pierced when I was young, but I remember filling up a small bowl with just water and some salt and angling my head so that my earlobe was immersed in the water, for like 30 seconds.

I just recently got another ear piercing, and I just used a Q-tip dipped in saline spray for cleaning. I have a lot of piercings, but I only really dip them i a salt-water bath mixture when they're irritated. A Q-tip would also be useful for getting any crusty things off.
>>
>>31693778
I use q-tips. The crusty parts need to be moist in order to more easily remove them, which is one of the reasons I'm looking at the bath solution atm. If I were to spray the q tip the crusty parts wouldn't be moist enough desu
>>
>>31693790
Ahhhh, I see. Yeah, the bath solution and then Q-tip could be good. you can ask your piercer for advice on a specific salt/water mixture or saline to use too if you're not sure.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.