[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: s-l1200 (1).jpg (59 KB, 1020x1020)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
My iPhone X died last night after I forgot to plug it in and after doing so this morning the charger turns it on, and it's at 1 or 2 percent battery, and the phone works for 30 seconds before it dies again. All 'fixes' to this say to let the phone charge for a while, but I can't, it won't stop turning on then dying.
>>
>>31693288
Leave it off and charging for hours.
A battery at very low voltage will sag when a current draw is placed on it. This means when you turn your phone on and demand power from the battery, it cannot meet the demand, the voltage drops rapidly and the phone switches itself off to prevent a deep discharge.
This usually happens as a result of some combination of the charger/cable combo providing insufficient current and the battery being old and worn-out.
Leave it off and plugged in for a few hours.
>>
>>31693371
>All 'fixes' to this say to let the phone charge for a while, but I can't, it won't stop turning on then dying.
>>
>>31693433
Use the 30 seconds in which it is on, to switch it off.
User-commanded 'off', and low-voltage 'off' are 2 different concept in idevice firmware. In the latter, it will switch on at 3.7V, in the former, it will only switch on from the power button.
>>
>>31693371
do this. probably worth getting the battery replaced for the long term, it’s seven years old and batteries degrade with use. should feel like a new phone afterwards.
>>
>>31693288
1000 euros for that
you deserve it faggot
>>
>>31693433
The fact that your charger can't simultaneously power the phone and keep the battery's voltage up would suggest that you're using a 1A charger, like the small wallwarts that came with older iPhones.
Try an iPad charger or any third-party that supports fast charging over Lightning, and you shouldn't have this problem.
>>
>>31693371
>>31693288
You can't charge an iphone while it is switched off. It has to be on. It's time to get a new phone, man. Get a second hand one so it's a little easier on the wallet.
>>
>>31694520
>You can't charge an iphone while it is switched off.
No this can't be right
Right?
>>
Does your phone have wireless charging capabilities? There might be something wrong with your charging port, but wireless charging should still work.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.