[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sxvxthuzhjx41-1626745570.jpg (385 KB, 4364x2909)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
How do I become a good girlfriend? My relationship with my boyfriend is pretty much good but I feel like I could do things better.
>>
>>31693644
It often boils down to paying attention to his feelings, giving hugs, compliment on things he does, talking about his interests, penis sucking and so on.
>>
>>31693653
All seconded. Be the big spoon, if you aren't sometimes already. Rub his back, and not just for 30 seconds. Rest his head in your lap and stroke his hair.
There is a certain motherliness aspect in being a good gf which isn't spoken about much by most people for obvious reasons, but which is there in every straight man nonetheless.
>>
>>31693644
Just be yourself
>>
>>31693706
>Rub his back, and not just for 30 seconds.
Yeah this. I used to have a GF I loved pampering a ton, constantly giving her back rubs and playing with her hair for long periods of time, but the moment she did the same to me she'd lose interest within a minute. You don't always need to put equal amounts of effort into a relationship at all times, but reciprocating his efforts and acknowledging them is a big way of showing you care.
>>
>>31693644
Kissing and hugging.
>>
>>31693644
Just be yourself that's the best thing you can do. Idk if your bf would like it but my gf does this thing where whenever I'm really stressed she'll put my head in her lap and just start playing with my hair
>>
>>31693715
What if being myself implies being a bit boring lol.
>>
>>31693780
Boring in what sense?
>>
>>31693787
Well I kinda don't have much hobbies and I am honestlt just happy to hear about what he has to say about his hobbies and do them with him because it's fun to do it with him, but my only hobby really is videogames and consuming media (Videos or movies). I don't do much lol.
>>
>>31693807
This isn't necessarily a problem, unless he has expressed anything to the contrary. Especially if you've always been this way.
I wouldn't worry, unless you perceive it to be a problem in the context of enjoying your time together.
>>
>>31693818
I've told him stuff like "I have no personality or hobbies". He says "Yeah you do, stop saying that". So I don't think he really cares lol.
>>
>>31693838
Basic armchair shrinkery would suggest that you're projecting a self-esteem issue on to your man.
You perceive yourself as boring and are determined that this should affect his view of you, even though it doesn't.
Working on your own self-confidence would seem key here. Set yourself goals and meet them. It's not easy but it's really the only advice I can offer to someone that has an unwarrantedly poor view of themselves.
So you're a bit of a hermit. He got with one. It's not a problem.
>>
>>31693855
Thanks anon. I've struggled with issues like this since I was a kid, mainly due to lack of close relationships even with my parents. It sucks that I see myself like this, but I can't help it. I wanna get better.
>>
>>31693644
Figure out the things that makes him happy and take note of them- this also includes a lot of open communication. Tell him what you like, too, and that gives him the opportunity to make you happy, which should make him happy too. Good luck!
>>
>>31693733
Yeah that's a major red flag she seems majorly selfish
>>
File: 1703809434192025.png (2 MB, 2392x1640)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>31693644
Do this, and he will never leave you.
>>
>>31694379
Why would you use your body to spread shower gel on someone, that's kinda sexual
>>
>>31694379
I felt this post in my bones. I remember my gf did something similar for me and it is a million times better than sex could ever be. There's something just so special about being cared for on that level, it's the ultimate form of love imo
>>
>>31694284
Thank you so much anon.
>>
>>31694379
I have done this to him before lol, you think he'll never leave now? XD

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.