[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do I turn in assignments I haven't done for the entire semester and still get a passing grade? These passing months have been so blurry I didn't even realise I wasn't turning in my assignments, not even kidding.
>>
>>31694304
>How do I turn in assignments I haven't done for the entire semester and still get a passing grade
you dont
>These passing months have been so blurry I didn't even realise I wasn't turning in my assignments, not even kidding.
youre a clown wasting money (probably not even your own) and need to drop out
>>
>>31694304
Check the syllabus and see what the professor says about late work. If they don’t explicitly say that no late work is accepted, just email it to them. They might mark points down, but the grade will be in.
>>
Appeal to your professors and ask them to let you turn them in late.

>I didn't even realise I wasn't turning in my assignments, not even kidding
That's pretty extreme. You're going to have to find a way around this if you're going to pass your future terms.

Ideas:
>If your online portal has an app, see if there's a widget to put your assignments on your phone homepage
>At the beginning of the term, write down all your assignments on a calendar (wall calendar, online calendar, planner, etc). Cross them off when you turn them in
>Schedule recurring meetings with your professors to check in on the class. I do this and I've found it makes them more sympathetic if I need to turn something in late
>If you have a therapist, ask them to help you review your assignments at the beginning of each session. If you don't have one, see if your uni provides a counsellor.
>>
>>31694360
Says stuff about how late it is, but it doesn't say anything about not accepting late work. You might be onto something. I'll probably write a letter describing why I haven't turned in anything still though, because that's usually why they accept late work.
>>
>>31694384
Thank you anon.
>>
>>31694400
You're welcome. I really struggle with not procrastinating on uni and I can relate with the denial haze of "everything is fine, I'm not going to think about it." So I've had to implement strategies to break through that, where I have to actually look my assignments in the face.
>>
>>31694421
Avoidance is the worst thing you could do, unfortunately. I am the same as you, but I actually turned in stuff the semesters before, but something happened these months wherein I just...forgot. Don't know how else to describe it, I am honestly afraid of how the people in my life will react to this if I fail the course.
>>
>>31694445
>I am honestly afraid of how the people in my life will react to this if I fail the course
An issue I've run into is this driving me deeper into denial and avoidance. That pressure makes it so looking at my assignments or grades strikes fear and shame into me, so I put it off since I don't want to feel that pain. That's why facing them alongside my therapist has been helpful since I can get a pep talk during it. I do online therapy so I share my screen.
>>
>>31694457
I am glad therapy has worked for you, anon. I know a professor that knows someone who could probably help me in regards to therapy themselves, I might ask this soon if I see her in campus. Therapy unfortunately didn't work for me when I was on my teenage years, she just "listened" and told me I wasn't a bad person even though I felt like one. Then I tried to go to a psychiatrist but she just wanted to put me on pills, got scared, and never went back. After that, things got "ok" but the depression and lack of direction never left. I just wanna be the person that is happy and satisfied with what they are living.
>>
>>31694488 >Therapy unfortunately didn't work for me when I was on my teenage years, she just "listened" and told me I wasn't a bad person even though I felt like one. I've unfortunately found that I've had to advocate for myself, have learned exactly what I need, tell them that directly, and check in occasionally to discuss the meta of our therapeutic strategy >I tried to go to a psychiatrist but she just wanted to put me on pills I think you're confused about what a psychiatrist does. That's literally their main job. Any counseling they do is just a bonus. Psychologists, therapists, and counselors are the one who do actual talk therapy. I've also found that I love the dialectical behavior therapy more than cognitive behavior therapy. It's much more directed to go through the course, since it prevents the just surface level complaining thing. I'm doing the Linehan workbook. However I had to search for one that actually does the course instead of just listing DBT in the long list of their trainings, but barely actually implementing the concepts.

You can learn more about the main four concepts of it here. While this site doesn't have all the acronyms and strategies, it's a good starting point.

dialecticalbehaviortherapy.com

The uni counselor is probably more of a traditional talk therapist. But they're more familiar with specifically student strategies. Going in saying that you want to review your assignments together (if in person, bring a laptop) and to plan out how you'll achieve that. And then when you meet again, if you didn't achieve, you can figure out what happened together. Doing this will make your sessions much more goal oriented instead of just complaining or weekly reviews.
>>
>>31694546
Thank you for the help anon, I wish you a very blessed life.
>>
>>31694671
You're welcome and thank you! All the best to you as well. Good luck on getting everything done!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.