[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I never post but I have nobody to vent to so here goes.
So my best friend of >10 years just told me they don't really want to be friends anymore as they essentially have outgrown me. It especially sucks since my ex took our shared friends in the breakup.
What now? I have zero connections and I am far too autistic to know how to make new friends.
>>
>>31695199
what do you mean by outgrown you?
>>
join a community, find some meetup online, there are facebook groups where random people go hiking or whatever
>>
>>31695217
They have moved into with their partner and have been offered a really good job, obviously this will take up more time in the day but they got pissed off every time I invited them to anything until they just said the friendship is too much work.
>>
>>31695219
I can try new stuff I guess but fuck hiking
>>
>>31695199
>>31695250
Damn I guess your best friend of over 10 years wasn't a very good friend.
>>
>>31695319
This time last year we were almost inseperable, we used to discord every night and hang out irl at least once a week, they even helped me out a lot when I broke up with my ex.
Skip to 2 weeks ago I was lucky to get one reply a week.
It just sucks :/
>>
>>31695250
watch out if they come back if things go south with their partner.
>>
>>31695366
Perhaps you dodged a bullet if a they/them ends his friendship with you.
>>
>>31695266
high quality people hike, try it though
>>
>>31695366
I understand. But ultimately, if a friend is just in it for the vibes, they were never really in for real. For true reliability, a friendship should be more than just a fun pastime. Otherwise, the next fun things that comes up will easily replace it.
Anyway, I am sorry that this happened to you. God bless you anon.
>>
>>31695199
Everyone does this, what friends of mine that didn't die, they went away and became doctors or got married and spend all of their time either working or smelling their wife's farts. If the only relationships you have managed to build or maintain in your life are ones that you were born into or grew up with then you're fucked.
>>31695439
I think the op is being vague about the genders involved rather than it being a they/them. Combine that with the initial picture and that dumbass ":/" face and it's a safe bet to say that we're dealing with a woman.
>>
>>31695462
I might, I'll look around
>>
>>31695589
Thank you, anon.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.